What's new

PannaCrema - Scents

With all the RazoRock products dropping lately, I took the opportunity to grab a tub of PannaCrema with my last order as it is a soap that I've wanted to try for a while now. I've only test lathered it once, and from that test lather I've become confident that this is a very good performer. It seemed very slick and protective, and took almost no time to whip up plenty of lather. The thing that I'm a little upset about however, is the scent. I opted for the Libanese, and here is how the scent is described on IB:

"Libanese has a base of cedarwood, with smoky notes. Warm, intense, aromatic, woody, smoky, sweet."

Well, I either got a mislabeled tub, or this isn't an accurate description because what I got did not smell like this. First, it is pretty subtle, but that isn't a bad thing. The scent, to me, is smoke and leather. Maybe just a little hint of wood, but not "perfumey" wood, like sawdust wood. Like I said, it is dominated by smoke and leather. I wouldn't consider it warm, or aromatic, and definitely not sweet or intense. Now smoke and leather isn't a bad scent, but it is certainly not the one I was after. I already have a few soaps that are scented like that, so I was really after the "aromatic, woody, sweet" part. The smoke part I was expecting, the leather part isn't bad, but I was kind expecting something along the lines of Proraso Red mixed with the smokiness of what I got.

So, if anyone who has PannaCrema soaps could please describe the scents that they have, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to get another PC soap because it seems like it is a stellar performer, but for the price I just don't want to take the risk on getting a scent that is really pretty far away from what I'd expect. Again, any input on what the scents you fine gentlemen use REALLY smell like would be a big help.

I recently purchased a tub of Nostalgia. IB describes it as "a very strong blend of sweet oranges and hot spicy cloves." The scent is very light and IMO it doesn't smell anything as described, the best way I can describe it is that it smells like a freshly carved pumpkin. Nothing like what I was expecting. Although as you mentioned performance wise it performs very well and I enjoy how it shaves, I'm just a little disappointed with my expectations of the scent.

I'm on my third tub of PC Libanese. I really like it. I also have a tub of the Namaste. Lemongrass is the dominate note there, to my nose. Use the Libanese. It'll grow on you and you will appreciate its performance.

I have shaved with the following scents:

Vetiver
Nostalgia
San Francesco
Namaste

Love the Nostalgia deeply. I can definetly smell oranges and cloves. Smells a bit like a fresh Bay Rum scent. Wonderful.

The Vetiver was my first PannaCrema. Wow. What a smell. Fantastic. A bit earthy,with a fresh note. Stunning.

San Francesco is a bit sweeter...a bit like the red Proraso...notes of Sandalwood with a bit more freshness. Citrus is the word here. Fantastic too.

Namaste ist pure Citrus. If you want to buy this one...do it...now. And do me a favour...try the Proraso Preshave Cream (Green version) before your lather up with the Namaste. Absolutely stunning skin feel and scent. The mix out of Menthol with the citrusy smell of the Namaste...Heavenly!!! A very great combination with the Nostalgia too.

For me the PannaCrema soaps are one of the best soaps out there on the market. I can't say it often enough...you see...i'm very enthusiastic if the speech comes to PannaCrema...a great soap!!!

I'm on my third tub of PC Libanese. I really like it. I also have a tub of the Namaste. Lemongrass is the dominate note there, to my nose. Use the Libanese. It'll grow on you and you will appreciate its performance.

Oh I don't think the scent is bad, it's just not what I was expecting. I was just hoping for something more "sweet", as the description implies. I would say that it is anything but sweet haha.

Initial smell of the vetiver is good. It's not great but it is strong enough for my liking. Maybe I'm not a vetiver guy though, I tend to like citrus scents.

I absolutely love the Panna Crema soaps for their slickness and ease of lathering. However, the scents are somewhat unusual which I believe leaves more to the imagination than many soaps. None of the scents are straight forward with the exception being San Francesco with is sandalwood.

My favorite is Namaste which is lemongrass which smells of lemon but not as tart nor as bright. It's a wonderful and kind of unusual scent. Truly my favorite.

The one that caught me by surprise is Labdano. Panna Crema describes it as, "The Labdanum is a resin that, with the heat of the sun, exudes from bushes of Cistus Ladanifer and Cistus Creticus. The smell is woody but sweet and rich at the same time, like a typical Mediterranean herbal tonic liquor." My fairly unsophisticated nose smells grape bubble gum. Smells are so subjective so don't take my description as accurate. It's just what comes to mind when I smell it. This one spends more time in the drawer than it does in my rotation.

I have some Nostalgia. I thought I was getting a cinnamon scent, but maybe it's really clove. This is one of my favorite soaps. Smells wonderful and performance is top notch.

Nostalgia was the other scent I was trying to choose between. I just lathered the vetiver and found the scent only got stronger. I feel like it is very strong in one note. The most similar scent I have is Son of Zeus. It had the same earthy base to it but there are other scents to go with it that I can't really place. I prefer SoZ but the Mrs. doesn't care for either.

I've had four scents and kept the Lavandatto and Veitiver. To me PC soapas seem to all have a similar earthy base and kind of topped off with different oils changing the scents. The scents are the weak point with PC meaning I can find more appealing lavenders and Vetiveers but wow what a nice lather and great shave it offers. A very creamy and thick protective lather that is hard not to make one's rotation once it is used. Example RR King Louis is my favorite Lavender scent, I just love shaving with it and use it often even though PC Lavandatto lather and shave just blows it away and by a wide margin the scent is more earthy than clean and fresh.

For me PannaCrema soaps are one the easiest lathering soaps out there. The soaps don´t need much water to create a thick,slick and very very protective lather.

The scents are "special". Not everyone likes them,but if you like them,you can still smell the "cream" in it. I love the scents. They get more powerful when they are lathered up. Very nice.

Oh I don't think the scent is bad, it's just not what I was expecting. I was just hoping for something more "sweet", as the description implies. I would say that it is anything but sweet haha.

I agree with you there. Certainly not a sweet scent. Lol

I absolutely love and adore Panna. My favorite scents are the Namaste, San Fran, and Lavandotto. I looove them all. They all have a unique twist to them. Complex and appealing.

Namaste - Great lemongrass and citrus scent.
San Fran - Great sandalwood with a unique sweetness - Favorite.
Lavandotto - My favorite lavender scent ever.

Kirk

I have Namaste, Nostalgia and Lavendotto. All three are nice scents but with Pannacrema you really have to lather them to fully appreciate it. Nostalgia is orange and clove and both scents are readily recognizable. Namaste is lemon grassy and a earthy, a lovely scent. Lavendotto is a light lavender that is wonderful once you lather it.

I think I'm going to grab the Lavandotto next. I think I'm going to keep the Libanese too - again, its not that I don't like the scent, its just not what I was expecting. Performance is certainly top notch at any rate.

I think I'm going to grab the Lavandotto next. I think I'm going to keep the Libanese too - again, its not that I don't like the scent, its just not what I was expecting. Performance is certainly top notch at any rate.

I'm almost done with a tub of San Fran. Was thinking I may pop on Lavandotto next. Miss it dearly.

Kirk

Recently got a tub of Namaste and Labdano love them both, great performers and scents are just strong enough for me.

Namaste (light citrus) is one of my favs. Nostalgia is defiantly clove-ish with a hint of orange. Reminds me of Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom