What's new

PannaCrema Blu Color Question

Recently ordered PannaCrema Blu (and Verde) and it was received today. The color of the soap looking from the bottom is an off-white color whereas the color from the top is a dark brown. Due to the label around the jar I can't see where the transition occurs or how gradual it is.

So my question is; is this the normal color? Or has this jar been contaminated? I emailed the company as well, but figured I might get a faster response on here. It smells "good" but hard to tell when there are many other competing scents in the box and i don't have the most acute sense of smell anyway.

As an additional note on their quality control, the verde aftershave bottle wasn't labeled either. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
That soap looks a little old, full disclaimer though, I've never had PannaCrema soap so don't take my word for it .

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
The brown looks correct; the bottom color might indicate moisture/water hit it. I think it’s still usable, though.

That soap looks a little old, full disclaimer though, I've never had PannaCrema soap so don't take my word for it .
Can't be all that old, those jars were just recently introduced. But I really wouldn't worry about it unless it looks like someone else has actually opened the jar and used it.

The jar did have a tamper indicator sticker that was still intact so it doesn't appear used. Looking closely, I don't see any "excess moisture" but it could certainly be dryer near the top.

The manufacturer did respond and they said, " The soap color is perfectly fine, it is not uniform due to our preparation method, but the product is fresh and it will perform up to the last bit."

It does make me wonder what their preparation method is that results in this coloring. Either way, I will use it and go from there. Appreciate the responses.

EDIT: The lot number looks like 88/21 which I assume is the 88th batch in 2021? Is that how their lot numbers work?

The jar did have a tamper indicator sticker that was still intact so it doesn't appear used. Looking closely, I don't see any "excess moisture" but it could certainly be dryer near the top.

The manufacturer did respond and they said, " The soap color is perfectly fine, it is not uniform due to our preparation method, but the product is fresh and it will perform up to the last bit."

It does make me wonder what their preparation method is that results in this coloring. Either way, I will use it and go from there. Appreciate the responses.

EDIT: The lot number looks like 88/21 which I assume is the 88th batch in 2021? Is that how their lot numbers work?
I would assume that the preparation method that they're referring to is the soap curing. If the soap is cured in the jar, I could see the top (which is exposed to air) getting darker while the rest stayed lighter.

I would assume that the preparation method that they're referring to is the soap curing. If the soap is cured in the jar, I could see the top (which is exposed to air) getting darker while the rest stayed lighter.

My assumption too. Especially with the lot numbers indicating they are from earlier this year. Nice and freshly made soap.

My guess, and it is a guess, is that the color comes from exposure to air during curing period. It was not exposed to air enough for the air to diffuse down through all of the soap so the color does not extend all the way down. It will probably darken with use all the way through.

Top Bottom