What's new

Panasonic Arc 5 model ES – LV 95 – S versus ES- LV 95

I decided to buy the Panasonic Arc 5,
Model ES – LV95 – S thru Amazon.
When I checked the shaver back it said model ES – LV 95 without the S. But the box has the S
Are these actually two different models or one and the same?
My first thought was it was a return.
I couldn't find anything on a search that indicated they were different models

Thanks

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Congratulations! :thumbup1:

When I first came to B&B, I arrived here with a Panasonic Arc 4 shaver...
proxy.php

Its old technology now days in comparison to the Arc 5 model that has already been out for several years now. I like my Arc4 initially, but it seems like my course whiskers has dulled the head in less then a year worth of use. Last times I used it, took forever to shave my whiskers off to anything remotely close to being considered a BBS shave, and I received loads of irritation for it.

The new Arc 5 that you bought, is a larger shaver, has 5 heads I believe, and also has a more powerful motor onboard. I did consider getting the Arc5 in the past, but the cost sort of made that a no go for me. At that time, full blade and foil replacements for the Arc5 were around 70 bucks a pop. But may have come down in price for all I know since then.

If you have soft whiskers, you can make foil blades and heads last you probably 3-years before needing replacement. With somebody like me who has course whiskers, well, as I said, the Arc4 head didn't even last an entire year. I do have one full replacement blade and foil set for it though. But reason I didn't do that, is because I ended up falling down the proverbial rabbit hole, and got into traditional DE shaving.

I hope to see pictures of your new Panasonic Arc5 once you get it. BTW, did you get the model that comes with the auto cleaning device, or just the shaver itself?

My Arc 5 did come with the cleaning device.
My previous shaver was a Braun.I don't remember the model number but I had it for about 17 years! Bought it about 2003. One night the power button stuck and wouldn't turn off so had to replace it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 15
I'm wondering if it would be better to use reverse osmosis or drinking water in the cleaning reservoir with the detergent because the tapwater would have calcium and may eventually clog up the cleaner?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I'm wondering if it would be better to use reverse osmosis or drinking water in the cleaning reservoir with the detergent because the tapwater would have calcium and may eventually clog up the cleaner?

If you have access to reverse osmosis water, by all means, otherwise thats some expensive water. To be honest, distilled water will work fine for your base solution. Where I live, the city gets its water from a well, and despite the cities filtration, its still loaded in calcium desposits, and they clog things up so easily. Its also the reason why I use filtered water for drinking and coffee making. I have heard of some areas where people live and have access to soft water from their local tap, what that must be like ha?

I do have distilled water. I use that to clean my record cleaning accessories. But like you said that could probably be used in the cleaning reservoir.

I read somewhere that the water and cleaning fluid is only changed out every 30 days?

Tried the Arc 5 last night. Good shaver. Used the recharger afterwards.
The dry function however takes almost 80 minutes to dry.
Not sure why it needs that much time but anyway the shaver is nice and clean. 👍

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Tried the Arc 5 last night. Good shaver.

Excellent news!

Question (1), what was your shave prep routine?

Question (2), what was your aftershave post routine?

If I use an electric shaver, first I am going to clean my face with some bar soap from Stirling, it also helps to soften up the whiskers, just like you would do for facial prep for a DE shave. I will use a shaving gel from Tomb45, as it will help the electric shaver glide with less irritation. Then in my post shave routine, I will use an aftershave balm from Duke Cannon. That aftershave helps to sooth and heal the skin, and to protect it, and keep it moisturized and not dry out.

The dry function however takes almost 80 minutes to dry.

That is a sign, that its not using any heat in the drying process. Its most likely using cool air. Think about it, quicker to dry your hair on your head using a hair dryer, then it would be if you just used a fan lol.

I only shave my neck. I have a beard to protect from the sun. Already had 11 skin cancers removed, four on the face.
I don't use any pre or post shave products.

Not of much interest to traditional (straight or safety razor) wet shavers.

Somehow I feel this discussion really would be more appropriate in the “Modern Shaving Systems” subforum.

B.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

I just got an Arc 5 as well. Nothing in the instructions say to use reverse osmosis or distilled water. Probably safe?

Excellent news!

Question (1), what was your shave prep routine?

Question (2), what was your aftershave post routine?

If I use an electric shaver, first I am going to clean my face with some bar soap from Stirling, it also helps to soften up the whiskers, just like you would do for facial prep for a DE shave. I will use a shaving gel from Tomb45, as it will help the electric shaver glide with less irritation. Then in my post shave routine, I will use an aftershave balm from Duke Cannon. That aftershave helps to sooth and heal the skin, and to protect it, and keep it moisturized and not dry out.

That is a sign, that its not using any heat in the drying process. Its most likely using cool air. Think about it, quicker to dry your hair on your head using a hair dryer, then it would be if you just used a fan lol.

Tomb 45 - I remember that stuff! I could not for the life of me get a good shave out of it. Binned it but maybe I shouldn't have!

The Arc 5 does not use an alcohol-based cleaning solution, so a fan is what it uses.

Top Bottom