What's new

Pamplin Pipe Factory

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Would one stem fit most/all Pamplin pipes? What would be the feasibility of having a custom vulcanite/acrylic stem made to fit a whole collection?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I bet cork would work well.

It may not be traditional, but a nice long fishtail with a dry smoking antique clay bowl is mucho appealing to me.

Nothing wrong with cane of course, but if I end up with a big collection it will take up a lot of space.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I own several, I will check and see. Because they are clay, there are slight variations in all of them. But I think a cork shim would work for most of them. Ill post pictures of the stummels when I get back from fishing.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Mike H

Instagram Famous
It would work, but would probably not be a flush fit. 4 of my 5 have a similar size mortis, and I can interchange the stem without a lot of problem. As you can see in the group photo, the holes are not exactly the same and some are not quite round.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Check it out. Forever Cob stem in a MikeH Clay. Little tight with the cork, but some careful sanding should make it perfect. Smokes like a champ!!

Such sweet pipes, I'm jelly as one can be!
Did you ever think about selling some of those? I'd knew a german clay enthusiast who would love a pipe like this... :a2:

Very interesting! One could buy a lot of pipes, 1600, for $8.00 in 1866. That would be around $250 in today’s dollars, still a great deal! Some women were making up to 40,000 pipes per year at home. Selling them for 1/2 cent each, that converts to around $6300 in today’s dollars.
Thanks for posting Mike!

Top Bottom