What's new

Palmolive?

tinmantt said:
Decent product, but so many alternatives, even at the local Target.
So I keep reading. As we don't have a Targert here I'm going to make a point of seeking one out when I go back out on the road (which should be later today or tomrrow).

zachster said:
Yeah -- I used to use it for traveling, after Gillette stopped producing cream in a tube, but now that I've found out about Proraso, Musgo Real, and all the other excellent tube creams, I'll probably travel with one of those. Still, it gives a good shave. Actually, last time I travelled with some Palmolive (a couple of years ago) I ran out of it; I was in Greece, so I bought a tube of Kolynos (once a known brand in the U.S.) -- it's still in my dopp, as I haven't travelled much since, but is a very effective cream (though somewhat medicinal smelling).
Many seem to think it's a decent cream so I'll keep trying it for a while.

zachster said:
Yeah -- I used to use it for traveling, after Gillette stopped producing cream in a tube, but now that I've found out about Proraso, Musgo Real, and all the other excellent tube creams, I'll probably travel with one of those. Still, it gives a good shave. Actually, last time I travelled with some Palmolive (a couple of years ago) I ran out of it; I was in Greece, so I bought a tube of Kolynos (once a known brand in the U.S.) -- it's still in my dopp, as I haven't travelled much since, but is a very effective cream (though somewhat medicinal smelling).
over here Gillette still sells cream in a tube in some places.

As for the european version of palmolive I like it very much. It's one of the few that I can actually afford and that I like the sent of as well.

I've used this on and off - generally because it's very cheap. The fragrance is a bit odd, but it doesn't linger. I tend to keep a tube in my travel kit, because I'm notorious for forgetting things in my hotel rooms, and it's inexpensive and readily-available enough so I don't have a conniption when I discover I've left it in Albuquerque or wherever.

MasonM said:
So I keep reading. As we don't have a Targert here I'm going to make a point of seeking one out when I go back out on the road (which should be later today or tomrrow).

Just remember the Proraso isn't in the shaving section. It is in the Spa section. With all the scrubs and masks and stuff. Many people have walked in and stood in front of the shaving section and asked a clerk for Proraso and they have no idea what you are asking for. They will tell you they don't have that. They probably do. I have yet to see a Target that didn't have it.

Bakerloo Line said:
I've used this on and off - generally because it's very cheap. The fragrance is a bit odd, but it doesn't linger. I tend to keep a tube in my travel kit, because I'm notorious for forgetting things in my hotel rooms, and it's inexpensive and readily-available enough so I don't have a conniption when I discover I've left it in Albuquerque or wherever.
Good point, thanks.

Gatorade said:
Just remember the Proraso isn't in the shaving section. It is in the Spa section. With all the scrubs and masks and stuff. Many people have walked in and stood in front of the shaving section and asked a clerk for Proraso and they have no idea what you are asking for. They will tell you they don't have that. They probably do. I have yet to see a Target that didn't have it.
Thank you for that. I would have surely been searching the shaving section for it.

What is the best way to use Palm Olive (lather/red tube)? Do you leave soap on your face like the directions say, or just apply the cream? Thanks.

C.

Chewy said:
What is the best way to use Palm Olive (lather/red tube)? Do you leave soap on your face like the directions say, or just apply the cream? Thanks.

C.

the red tube is used with a brush. You would whip it up the same as you would any cream with just a little more product than usual. I just apply the cream and reapply between passes like normal.

Top Bottom