What's new

palmolive v wilkinson sword (shaving sticks)

hey so i know theyre both discontinued but which did you prefer the palmolive v wilkinson sword (shaving sticks)?

i know theyre both discontinued and i used to use the palmolive one during my teens,
but i just used the wilkinson sword blue shaving stick and i liked it better then the palmolive one,
not just for slickness but the scent was better and i think that blue colour shaving stick looks nice too lol

I always liked the Palmolive stick, can't remember the Wilkinson sword stick and don't think its available here in the UK, though could well be wrong.

Reactions: saj
I have both, are great, I can't tell which is better.

Just spent several GB Pounds with some new old stock Palmolive stick. Not a rational decision (I could buy some sticks of Tabac, LEA, Speick or other modern shaving sticks) but I wanted it.

I definitely prefer the Wilkie stick. Better scent and slicker. I was surprised when I tried it because I didn’t see many reviews here and it is a very good stick. I think it compared favorably to the Speick stick, though maybe a notch below.

I also picked up a couple Palmolive sticks last week, in Athens, of all places.

I've never tried Wilkinson sword stick. I really love the scent of palmolive stick and the billowy lather it produces. But the shaves i get with it aren't great compared to others soaps particularly Arko and Speik sticks- much better performers than Palmolive.

I always liked the Palmolive stick, can't remember the Wilkinson sword stick and don't think its available here in the UK, though could well be wrong.
Yea both are discontinued, could try your local pharmacy to try and grab one but chances are slim

Used both and while the Palmolive was a darn good stick, I much preferred the electric blue Wilki.
Yea the colour just looks better and when I used the Palmolive stick recently I thought that the Palmolive cream is better

I have both, are great, I can't tell which is better.

Just spent several GB Pounds with some new old stock Palmolive stick. Not a rational decision (I could buy some sticks of Tabac, LEA, Speick or other modern shaving sticks) but I wanted it.
Yea theyre going for silly money on ebay considering they were like 50p each before apparently

I definitely prefer the Wilkie stick. Better scent and slicker. I was surprised when I tried it because I didn’t see many reviews here and it is a very good stick. I think it compared favorably to the Speick stick, though maybe a notch below.

I also picked up a couple Palmolive sticks last week, in Athens, of all places.
Not tried speick yet, want to try that and la toja hopefully

I've never tried Wilkinson sword stick. I really love the scent of palmolive stick and the billowy lather it produces. But the shaves i get with it aren't great compared to others soaps particularly Arko and Speik sticks- much better performers than Palmolive.
Yea arko always performs and the scent Im alright with but some can't stand it lol

I only had one Wilkie stick and didn’t like the strong artificial laundry scent. The scent is more subdued in the cream which is by itself an excellent performer.

The Palmolive stick on the other hand is excellent (performance/scent) so I stocked up on it…

8312744A-9A16-48B1-87AC-F02D25129BBE.jpeg

BED6FCB4-5E9F-4B89-8DE1-1FCD064835B9.jpeg

I only had one Wilkie stick and didn’t like the strong artificial laundry scent. The scent is more subdued in the cream which is by itself an excellent performer.

The Palmolive stick on the other hand is excellent (performance/scent) so I stocked up on it…

View attachment 1488312
View attachment 1488313
when did you get those palmolive sticks? nicely stocked i can see lol 😉

btw whats that wilkinson sword shaving cream like?
where did you get that from? not seen that before

I much prefer the little blue Wilkie stick to the Palmolive stick. The Palmolive stick was no slouch performance wise in my use, but I thought the Wilkinson Sword stick was better in performance and scent. It's too bad they're both discontinued now.

when did you get those palmolive sticks? nicely stocked i can see lol 😉

btw whats that wilkinson sword shaving cream like?
where did you get that from? not seen that before
The sticks I got a couple of months ago via Ireland and the tubes of Williams I bought in Croatia last year. It’s a nice dense cream and easy to lather, not as protective as Nivea but quite close. Scent is like fresh linen but not as artificial and harsh as the stick.

I much prefer the little blue Wilkie stick to the Palmolive stick. The Palmolive stick was no slouch performance wise in my use, but I thought the Wilkinson Sword stick was better in performance and scent. It's too bad they're both discontinued now.
Yea I agree the Palmolive is still a solid shaving stick although I do prefer the Palmolive shaving cream over the stick

By any chance do you know how much the Wilkinson sword shaving sticks used to go for?

I understand it was about 50p for the Palmolive stick

Have used both and even hoarded the Palmolive shave sticks when I heard that they were being discontinued.
It was a mistake because though the Palmolive is a good stick, I feel the Wilkie is far far better.

Wilkinson Sword sticks are great performers, one of the best sticks I'd say. Imagine a combo of Tabac with MWF. The scent unfortunately reminds me of strong bath soap, very artificial, which takes away from the overall score. If you leave the soap out for a few months, the scent tones down quite a lot.

Palmolive sticks are pretty much faultless at the previous asking price. There's nothing to complain about, but I though the Wilkinson Sword stick was better than the Palmolive.

Yea I agree the Palmolive is still a solid shaving stick although I do prefer the Palmolive shaving cream over the stick

By any chance do you know how much the Wilkinson sword shaving sticks used to go for?

I understand it was about 50p for the Palmolive stick
The Wilkinson Sword shave stick was definitely more expensive than the Palmolive stick. I think the last Wilkie sticks I bought came from the UK for 2/$9USD.

No, I haven't saved any money switching to this way of shaving. :001_rolle

Top Bottom