What's new

Palmolive stick packaging

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I recently received my first Palmolive shave sticks (German). The one thing that disappointed with these sticks was the lack of protection afforded by the packaging. The stick is supplied just wrapped in one layer of thin aluminium foil. It would have been better if packed in a plastic case or a more robust water-resistant paper wrapping.

I understand that you can buy plastic cases for these sticks. They are not readily available to me.

To better protect the stick, I decided to use a toilet paper roll tube. First I cut the tube lengthways so that it would wrap around the stick. I then cut the tube to the required length and glued the overlapping pieces together so that the tube had to required diameter. I used contact adhesive for this as I had some lying around.

To made the cardboard tube water-resistant, I applied a coat of Dubbin to both the inside and outside. After letting the Dubbin soak in for a while, I then removed the excess Dubbin with a clean rag.

My water-resistant tube was then slid over the Palmolive stick.

IMG_20220224_113859.jpg
As the stick is used up, I will use a box cutter to trim the tube down like I do with my ARKO stick. One Palmolive stick should last me about 100 three-pass shaves.

Legion

Staff member
those metal tubes out of old shave kits seem to breed around here.

But the "Army film canister trick" is still the best.

Get a Kodak film canister, the black one with the grey lid.

Cut a finger sized hole in the bottom. Drop a Oz 20c piece in (or other equivalent sized coin). Wet the bottom of the unwrapped stick, and put on top of the coin. Drill a few holes in the lid for ventilation.

To use, put your finger in the hole and press on the coin. When finished the soap drops back into the canister for safe storage.

I bet you can find a container at the local grocery or drug store just perusing the aisles for stuff. Maybe even ask to buy a large pill bottle.

Gifts & Care will ship them anywhere. Tax free and a permanent 10% “B&B” discount code. Most of the time it works out that saving cancel out the shipping. The range is extensive and the shipping isn’t much more than domestic Australian shipping anyways.

VSHOD has them too. Free shipping out of Brisbane on all orders Australia wide. No minimum order.

Top Bottom