What's new

Palmolive stick no longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just received a response to a email I sent Colgate-Palmolive about the shortage of the above mentioned stick .
sad news im afraid i'll let you read it for your self as im gonna be busy crying .

Thank you for your recent inquiry about Palmolive Classic Shaving Stick.

We're sorry to inform you that in response to declining consumer demand, this Palmolive Classic Shaving Stick is not currently being manufactured for sale in the U.K. And unfortunately, we do not have any remaining stock to offer you. If you can still find it in stores near you and would like to stock up we would recommend to buy it.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Your interest in our company and products is greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Sofia Madeira
Consumer Services Representative

5aeb9af3aa451a6055adb38046a651f4.png

Hasn't that been that way for awhile? I believe they stopped distributing it themselves in the UK years ago while it is still being manufactured for the continental market, and UK vendors who have it have been importing it.

When I was young I lived across the street from the factory, the soap cooking smelled great . At one time Germany, UK , USA , Fiji and Australia all made Palmolive sticks ....

Hasn't that been that way for awhile? I believe they stopped distributing it themselves in the UK years ago while it is still being manufactured for the continental market, and UK vendors who have it have been importing it.
no they have only just stopped it in the uk a few months ago can still get it in a few pharmacies but you gotta look .
if you check the bay auctions its almost tripled in price .

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I remember grandpa cutting a Palmolive bar soap so it would fit in his shaving mug. Dad shaved with it too.

I remember grandpa cutting a Palmolive bar soap so it would fit in his shaving mug. Dad shaved with it too.

I know its another piece of history gone never to be seen again . well in about a year as I have just pulled the pin on 10 sticks on the bay for £11. these will go into storage with my other 7 .

Looks like it's still a current product on the continent. Page translated from German for everyone's convenience

1580759225830.png

If your usual suppliers have now decided to stop importing the things, or their UK-made stock has run out and they have decided to not import them, there could be any number of reasons for that.

I've come across various false alarms in older posts but it looks like this really is the end for Palmolive, at least in the UK. I prefer Proraso and Tabac for the scent, but it is an outrageously good soap given its (regular) price. I've got 3 untouched sticks in my soap drawer so I'll be able to have a little shot of nostalgia every so often.

Reading that email through again, it doesn't say that the shave stick is no longer being manufactured. It says the stick is no longer manufactured for sale in the UK, which is not necessarily the same thing.

Although, it does seem to be more difficult to find at a reasonable price. And some sellers on eBay are stating the product has been discountinued altogether. So maybe it is gone for good, I don't know.

The Palmolive stick has not being discontinued to the best of my knowledge, it will no longer be sold in the U.K but will still be produced and sold in Europe.

Old news.

This same topic pops up every few weeks or so.

Like many other topics on this forum.

Guess we undergo cycles of some kind.

Kind of disappointing as I log into the forum daily to read something new.

Do a google search for palmolive stick discontinued UK
You'll find posts about this dating back for five years.
Which is, apparently, when C-P actually discontinued it.
Presumably stores that have been carrying it since then, have individually either been selling old stock or importing from the EU. They could cease doing that at any time.

Frequent "old" news. I bit a few years ago and snagged a few sticks when it was announced one time. Seems to still be available everywhere. Makes me wonder if it is fake news or what. Similar to the furniture stores that have a going out of business sale January, and next January, and next January, and...

Presumably stores that have been carrying it since then, have individually either been selling old stock or importing from the EU. They could cease doing that at any time.

Seemingly the main high street stockist in the UK has done exactly that - the Superdrug site no longer lists it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom