What's new

Palmolive Shaving Cream

Just want to give a shout out to the Palmolive shaving cream line. There are 3 that I like (I think that's the whole line): Classic, Sensitive Skin and Mentholated. All are equally good, nice dense lather, slick and protective but won't clog your razor and very, very creamy. The scents are pretty old school but very pleasant. They are about $8.00 for a tube and for me, work easily as well as any of the big English Ts. I find myself reaching for them over and over again. I'd certainly pay twice as much for a tube- I like them that much. Has anyone else tried these shaving creams?

Attachments

• classic.jpeg
    classic.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 106
  • menthol.jpg
    menthol.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 100
  • sensitive.jpeg
    sensitive.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 96
Just want to give a shout out to the Palmolive shaving cream line. There are 3 that I like (I think that's the whole line): Classic, Sensitive Skin and Mentholated. All are equally good, nice dense lather, slick and protective but won't clog your razor and very, very creamy. The scents are pretty old school but very pleasant. They are about $8.00 for a tube and for me, work easily as well as any of the big English Ts. I find myself reaching for them over and over again. I'd certainly pay twice as much for a tube- I like them that much. Has anyone else tried these shaving creams?

The Italian made Menthol Palmolive is one of my favourite shaving products at any price.

You bet! I have multiple tubes of the Classic as they used to be sold in most of the supermarkets in the U.K. for about £1.85, so it became a habit to pick up a tube once a month on average! It’s a superb cream for the price though.
Well before I started shaving with creams and soaps I actually used to use Palmolive’s sensitive shaving foam in a can and it was pretty good stuff.

The Italian made Menthol Palmolive is one of my favourite shaving products at any price.

978BC849-8DBE-4CF6-A27D-A541FB351CF9.jpeg

I think the Italian made menthol is brilliant and I don’t mind paying a few £ extra for it.

Reactions: saj

Palmolive shaving creams and sticks are available all over Europe, North Africa, Asia and probably a few more places (except North America it seems).
In Europe the cream and stick sell for about $1.06 in drugstores and supermarkets.

It is a good product but for some reason packaging and versions differ between countries, the most common being the dark green Classic one.

It’s good, but would I pay $8.- for a tube? Nope.
Would I be willing to pay twice as much? Certainly not, considering what other creams I could buy for $16.-

Had a look at the US Amazon site and you could get 6 of the Classic variety for $21.15, more expensive than in Europe but still a lot cheaper than $8.- a tube.

B.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The Palmolive Shaving Cream sold here in Australia is a 65 gram tube and costs around the $2.95 Australian dollars. It is great stuff and is made in Italy. The Shaving Stick is another great soap. Love the smell.

Again, in my opinion, the protection and lather is as good as say, Taylor's or other Ts. Just my experience. I think people get thrown off because of its widespread drugstore availability and very low price. Doesn't make sense that it can compete with heavier hitters but yet... it does. :) Would I pay more than $8.00 a tube if I had to? Of course, because its good cream. Despite what else is out there.

I use the sticks exclusively, for the price i've never found anything better. It used to be 50p a stick at our local Morrisons and i bought roughly 100 sticks over the space of a year. Enough to last the rest of my life for the price of 5 valobra sticks. I will try the cream on my next shave.

Last edited:
Palmolive shaving creams and sticks are available all over Europe, North Africa, Asia and probably a few more places (except North America it seems).
In Europe the cream and stick sell for about $1.06 in drugstores and supermarkets.

Not all over Europe anymore. Mostly Western Europe. A few years ago Colgate-Palmolive stopped selling officially the cream in most Eastern European countries. 10 years ago it was sold here too - Classic, Sensitive [Aloe] and Menthol, manufactured in the Romanian factory. Now they sell 65 g tubes [Made in Italy] in Serbia, Romania and Macedonia only AFAIK.

I've bought the Italian made Rinfrescante and it has blown me away. Sure the price has something to do with that, but I also think it's better than the German made one, even though it appears to have the same formulation (with added vitamin E).

Mine is the green, so I suppose it's menthol. I bought it a while ago, so I have no idea how much it cost. But it performs like crazy. Today I used it to shave with my Merkur Progress, and am not only smoothly planed off, but also strongly aware of feeling clean.

No doubt I should buy another tube for travel purposes. The stuff will lather by hand, won't it? A brush is not necessary?

ETA: I think the tube I have is Classic, not menthol.

Last edited:
Mine is the green, so I suppose it's menthol. I bought it a while ago, so I have no idea how much it cost. But it performs like crazy. Today I used it to shave with my Merkur Progress, and am not only smoothly planed off, but also strongly aware of feeling clean.

No doubt I should buy another tube for travel purposes. The stuff will lather by hand, won't it? A brush is not necessary?

ETA: I think the tube I have is Classic, not menthol.
If it's the standard palm extract green, no menthol. The green tube from Italy has the menthol (al mentolo)

Top Bottom