What's new

Palmolive Shaving Cream

I bought some of this the other day cos it was the only thing in the shop and dirt cheap. So impressed that I was about to post a thread, but I see the secret has been out for some time now!

IMG-2748.JPG

Sounds like we need a SOD thread for this. Anyone up for Palm[olive] Sunday?

Sounds like we need a SOD thread for this. Anyone up for Palm[olive] Sunday?

I’m in at least for this Sunday :) if sticks count as well.

Not all over Europe anymore. Mostly Western Europe. A few years ago Colgate-Palmolive stopped selling officially the cream in most Eastern European countries. 10 years ago it was sold here too - Classic, Sensitive [Aloe] and Menthol, manufactured in the Romanian factory. Now they sell 65 g tubes [Made in Italy] in Serbia, Romania and Macedonia only AFAIK.
I thought Palmolive was also very popular in Bulgaria and Poland. I received it from a Bulgarian friend of mine - he sent me a Classic and Menthol cream as well as two terrific Bulgarian creams which were Top Ten Sensitive and Viking Sensitive.

Rick

I thought Palmolive was also very popular in Bulgaria and Poland. I received it from a Bulgarian friend of mine - he sent me a Classic and Menthol cream as well as two terrific Bulgarian creams which were Top Ten Sensitive and Viking Sensitive.

Rick
There was a Romanian Factory manufacturing 65ml of all 3 varieties. It closed in December 2008. Around 2009 all Palmolive shaving creams disappeared from our supermarkets. Same applies to Poland. They had the old Romanian creams left in one brick-and-mortar store when I was there in early 2011. Later in October I went there again and it was nowhere to be found. If we want to buy them we have to order from Romania. They currently market Classic and Cool 65 ml made in Italy, but only for the former Yugoslavian republics and Romania. And I can assure you the Classic is not the same as the Italian red classic. The Italian smells much stronger.

@Big Rick
Sorry Rick ! Kind of missed your main point blabbering about factories and product versions.

Palmolive tube has never been a popular cream in Bulgaria. That is why they stopped marketing it here. It was more than twice the price of Karo and 65ml. Karo and Top Ten are 100 ml. Many people here hardly have money to pay their electricity bills.
Around 2009, just before Alen Mak went bankrupt there was information in the papers that Karo had 65-70% market share.

Top Bottom