What's new

palmolive shave sticks

Bought a few of these tallow shave sticks and I was wondering what people who have used them thought of them? How's the lather on these shave sticks and are the shave sticks considered hard or soft?

The sticks are very hard. It is a very good performer, able to hold it's own against soaps considerably more expensive. I used it today for a flawless shave. It's scent does leave something to be desired however, but as it is not outright offensive I let it pass.

Not triple milled like a Valobra stick, but hard enough to easily grate into a dish if desired. I very much enjoy the performance of the soap, and it's still my go-to travel stick. Scent reminds me of a slightly more refined Irish Spring, but not a complex scent by any stretch. Doesn't stick around post-shave, so plays well with most AS splashes as well.

This stick will last you awhile, great performance and old school scent for the price, Palmolive, Valobra, and Speick are the only stick's I travel with...

One of the best, in my opinion. Creates a beautiful lather in very short order, and smells great.

If you don't like the stick format, use a cheese grater and press the shavings into a container to make a puck.

I use it as a stick rather than grating it. It lathers up very well and has the nice classic scent that you associate with Palmolive. Good cushion and slickness, and decent post-shave feel.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
They're only good for making mountains.....
proxy.php

Mountains of great lather, that is! :thumbup:

I was recently gifted a Palmolive shave stick and really enjoyed it. It's perfect for face lathering and also smells wonderful!

I've got Palmolive, Wilkinson and Tabac in stick. Palmolive is my least favorite of the three. I have a harder time creating a rich, thick lather with Palmolive than the other two.

I am going to be in a minority here but I am not all that crazy about Palmolive sticks. I think Palmolive cream is one of the best buys out there. But the stick...I'm not fond of. As far as economical shave stick go, I think La Toja is by far the best.

Performance is excellent, scent reminds me of something that keeps Mosquitoes away. Loads of rich lather with minimal effort. Surprised it's not talked about more.

Ahh, got me thinking about my neglected Palmolive stick sitting in the cupboard. It will be on for the morning shave! Always a great shave.

Top Bottom