What's new

Palmolive shave stick

These are sold in almost any chemist and bargain stores that when I saw one at well under £1, I decided to try it. It has huge amount of fans.
I used It as a stick rather than grate as a few do.
The scent is soapy, not offensive but it has lingered after my shave and is now not too pleasant, as if it has changed. It was easy enough to lather my face after rubbing it with the stick, but had little slickness and the razor tugged quite a bit ,in fact I was hesitant to shave parts of my face which are more tender than my tougher cheeks.
I'll probably use this soap from time to time and see if it can do better as it does have lotal fans who buy it in bulk! However, i wonder if they are those who need pre shave cream and after shave balms.
Maybe my hard water didn't help!

Just goes to show that YMMV is so true - I find the Palmolive Shave Stick to be one of the slickest around. Post shave feel is pretty good too and all for 49 pence (although sadly discontinued in Asda now).

I think I will grate it into a bowl and load it on my brush. However, the smell was fine at first, but hung about for ages and deteriorated!

Discontinued in the UK now, so if you see it in Superdrug/Wilkos then snatch them up.

I think it’s a great soap, for the money. Very slick and easy to lather, but doesn’t give the greatest post shave feeling. Can’t fault it for 50p though!

Discontinued in the UK now, so if you see it in Superdrug/Wilkos then snatch them up.

I think it’s a great soap, for the money. Very slick and easy to lather, but doesn’t give the greatest post shave feeling. Can’t fault it for 50p though!
Not discontinued. No longer stocked by certain retailers.

Not discontinued. No longer stocked by certain retailers.

Still being made in Germany and still being sold on the continent. Palmolive decided to no longer sell it in the UK. Obviously still available to purchase from retailers who import it from the EU, ie Connaught and the likes.

From what I’ve heard, anyways.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Give it time, you will find the right ratio of water to soap and you cannot fault the price.

Still being made in Germany and still being sold on the continent. Palmolive decided to no longer sell it in the UK. Obviously still available to purchase from retailers who import it from the EU, ie Connaught and the likes.

From what I’ve heard, anyways.
Still sold in Superdrug, Wilkos, lots of independent chemists. They have no plans to discontinue. This product has been 'discontinued' at least 20 times in the last 10 years. Some supermarkets don't stock it anymore, that's it. The forum panic did the rest.

Still sold in Superdrug, Wilkos, lots of independent chemists. They have no plans to discontinue. This product has been 'discontinued' at least 20 times in the last 10 years. Some supermarkets don't stock it anymore, that's it. The forum panic did the rest.

Right on. I thought it had been discontinued full stop and the likes of Superdrug had a residual stock of Palmolive but were no longer supplied from factory, hence being able to find it in some locations but not others.

Well if it’s still available in the UK on the high street forever, ideal.

Last edited:
Like I said get 50 Palmolive sticks should keep you happy for a while longer, IF, UK shaving supplies doesn’t supply Palmolive sticks.

Guys , thank you for your replies to my original post.
Today, I grated the stick and pressed it into a container. Then used like any hard soap, soaking my chubby 3 badger and blooming the soap for a minute. Loads of lather, thick and creamy and lovely prelather cream on the soap to use as a pre shave.
This more like it! Almost as good as some more costly artisan soaps, even no sickly scent which I found when I tried to use it as a stick. I'm Going to use it all week in case today was one off! Or I may now be tempted by Arko!

Top Bottom