What's new

Palmolive shave stick

R

rum

Tesco and Asda 49p, Morrison's 48p :thumbup:

It's 48p in my local Asda, last time I looked. Could vary though as I'm in the south. Not that I'm banging on about a penny's difference, but when did you check that price?

Yep, under 50p in the supermarkers, sometimes 25p in Asda.

:a47: 25p? :a47:
When did you see that? I have two sticks pressed into a Kent mug (see today's SOTD) which works a treat. I also have one in its original stick form which I use for short trips abroad, but at 25p I may just start to stock up. Never know when shave-pocalypse will come!

And to think that I paid £42.00 for a Creed soap :yikes: :a19:

Do I have to mention how jealous I am at being being able to snag it for 50p at the supermarket? The only thing we have here (in supermarkets) is Williams and that's $2.

R

rum

Don't worry... in turn we're jealous of the French over here. They can get Monsavon in most supermarkets for €1.50 which is a little over £1 (about $2?). But yes, we are lucky: the Palmolive stick is a superb substitute for Monsavon.

Hi,

Yup; Palmolive shave sticks are one of the few things in the UK that you are not ripped off for; makes a pleasant change !!

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Don't worry... in turn we're jealous of the French over here

Speak for yourself! Bugger "the auld alliance" :lol:

I have two sticks pressed into a Kent mug (see today's SOTD) which works a treat. I also have one in its original stick form which I use for short trips abroad

I tried putting the first stick I got into a mug, found it tended to overload the brush. Now I only ever use it as the shave-gods intended...face-lathering from the stick! :thumbup:

R

rum

I tried putting the first stick I got into a mug, found it tended to overload the brush. Now I only ever use it as the shave-gods intended...face-lathering from the stick! :thumbup:

I like it overloading the brush, but I agree the stick is the way it was intended. For a fast shave on the go, it's unbeatable.

German Palmolive is a great product indeed. There is however a reformulation of the German version. It still contains tallow but less than the GUT 2,2 version. It came up some time ago here at B&B. But all I have seen till now is the good old version.

German Palmolive is a great product indeed. There is however a reformulation of the German version. It still contains tallow but less than the GUT 2,2 version. It came up some time ago here at B&B. But all I have seen till now is the good old version.

All of the ones in the UK shops say 'GUT 2,2'. Given the number of people who like it, I wish I had bought shares in the company :001_smile

I paid 69p for mine in Tescos in Northen Ireland. :angry:

It is excellent, but I have a preference for Erasmic tallow stick.

I paid 69p for mine in Tescos in Northen Ireland. :angry:

It is excellent, but I have a preference for Erasmic tallow stick.

I can't get a usable lather out of the Erasmic tallow stick to save my life. I went to the Thames Water website to find out the hardness of the water in my area and it's not all that hard. All I get is a very thin, watery lather no matter how much of the soap I use.

I can't get a usable lather out of the Erasmic tallow stick to save my life. I went to the Thames Water website to find out the hardness of the water in my area and it's not all that hard. All I get is a very thin, watery lather no matter how much of the soap I use.
Read the label? Check first ingredient, sounds a lot like you're using the palm oil version.

Top Bottom