What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Palmolive Shave Stick discontinued in Australia

Looks like Palmolive shave stick has been officially discontinued in Australia. Completely. Local Woolies had a big box last weekend and now it's gone. Removed even stickers from shelves. Removed from the website. Not in Coles on any Pricelines as well. Had a chat with a lady at Priceline today. She said they removed all unsold stuff from shelves recently because it was discontinued and they couldn't sell it legally. Pity. I wanted to try it but always leaving it for later. This is so typical for me - leaving something until tomorrow what I could do today. :)

Luc

Moderator Emeritus
Bummer! The Palmolive shave cream is better IMO but the shave stick (the Australian version) always had a special place!

malocchio

Contributor
I liked it ,but the German stick had a more refined scent , never tried the stick they used to make in FIJI...

Legion

Moderator Emeritus
I liked it ,but the German stick had a more refined scent , never tried the stick they used to make in FIJI...
German is best, it has tallow. Fiji is similar, but a close second. Aussie is third.

But if you ever get a chance to try a stick of vintage Aussie, from the 40's-50's, that is the bestest! The scent will have pretty much gone, but it lathers like a champ!

I purchased an entire box from Priceline when the conversation started around the discontinuation of the overseas product.

Top Bottom