What's new

Palmolive shave stick disappearing in UK. Any places to buy from cheaply?

Nothing else will come close to £0.50, at the same quality.

Not so sure about that. Granted, here in Germany we still have Palmolive sticks in the stores. But at close to 2€ IIRC. Arko sticks go for half if you're lucky or 1.50€ if not in all turkish shops around here.

br
godek

In Germany you still can get the Palmolive and Wilkinson Sword sticks, but they became expensive in the last couple of months, so I will upgrade to Speick for men. The Speick sticks now cost the same and are way better.

@badar94, thank you for the generous offer. I would definitely go for it if I didn't have a couple of dozen myself.
When you say you didn't like the smell I assume you shaved with it several times before drawing the line.
It happened to me when I first stuck it under my nose. Pungent smell indeed, with a heavy "note" of vinegar. Several shaves later and... I like it. Not Arlington for sure, but serviceable and great for travel.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I do try and experiment with new soaps if
I see any but the Palmolive was a cheap good one that I liked to have a few laying about.

Did get tabac and cella finally as I’ve never tried those before. Only used a few creams and Wilkinson soap (smells nice, bad performance) that I started with, proraso green had too much menthol for me.

I am planning on ordering a few Mitchell’s wool fat soaps next week though.

Which ones would you recommend?
Palmolive Classic cream is an excellent performer and inexpensive. I just ordered a six pack for $17 and it is being shipped from UK. MWF will blow your six off!

They are starting to go up in price on Ebay so if you have in friends in the UK who can still buy some from the stock still available it’s a great choice.

Connaught just dropped the Palmolive stick from their website.

Listed as out of stock yesterday, it's been removed from the website altogether today.

I had a few sticks that i bought for £0.50 a while back. Now no supermarkets in the UK are carrying them anymore at all and its available on amazon and ebay for quite a lot more. (about £3 each).

Are there any german or eastern european stores that I can order online from for the same price plus shipping on top. I'd really appreciate any help as I really like palmolive.
You could give these a mail

Top Bottom