What's new

Palmolive Menthol

Anybody try it? It's $15 for a 100ml tube on Amazon, the Classic is $4.98 from a different vendor, why is it so expensive?

Anybody try it? It's $15 for a 100ml tube on Amazon, the Classic is $4.98 from a different vendor, why is it so expensive?

It's a combination of the vendor trying to make more money (other vendors have it for $6+shipping), but the price is different with other vendors too. I checked Connaught Shaving in the UK. They charge £4 for Menthol and only £2.42 for the classic. Shipping is very reasonable from them for small parcels, as long as your credit card company doesn't charge too much a foreign transaction fee.
http://www.connaughtshaving.com/palmolive.html

At $10.40 shipped it's still more than Proraso, what gives? Is it that much better than Classic? I want to try it cause I like menthol, but not for that price. Where is it made, England?

If $10 is a little rich for Palmolive, try some Ingram shave cream or Godrej Menthol Mist (if you can find it in an Indian grocery store).

If $10 is a little rich for Palmolive, try some Ingram shave cream or Godrej Menthol Mist (if you can find it in an Indian grocery store).
$10.58 is rich for Palmolive Menthol when the Classic is $5, makes it hard to justify twice the price for essentially the same cream, that's my point, is it worth it?

I really like Palmolive Menthol. But yes, it is pretty pricy. I'm sure it costs next to nothing in Italy where it's made. I think it's better than Proraso, but that's just me.

That's the worst part of it Eh! I hate the fact that a drug store variety cream from somewhere else costs so much in shipping! I've often wondered if in the end it would be worth it just to ship creams around myself and trade with other people around the globe?

Despite the fact that you may be paying much more than someone in Europe for a drug store cream, it's okay to pick up a tube of something new once in awhile.

A few things to consider:

Sometime go back and read the first threads on B&B where the issue wasn't how costly imported creams and soaps were, it was how to find anyone here or overseas who would ship to the U.S. Now so many European products are available in multiple places. Consider how many places sell TOBS or Cella?

In recent years postal rates around the world have dramatically increased.

I used to be (and still am) envious that a wet shaver in the UK could walk into a drugstore and buy a Palmolive stick for pennies. However for a variety of reasons the artisan soap boom has largely occurred in the US leaving wet shavers in the UK often paying more for shipping that the actual cost of the shave soap.

It's okay to treat ones self occasionally by spending a few dollars to try something new.

You can get it cheaper than $15 but I would buy it even at that price! It is the best Menthol cream out there in my opinion. A real icy and comfortable shave that no other brand can match. Although the India cheap brand is pretty good as well, Goodraj or Godraj I think is the brand name. It can be found for around $5 most of the time.

When i was last in the UK (2 years ago) you could still get Palmolive sticks for 50p each in Tesco and they last months. I shaved with them for 15 years before discovering this site and all the new goodies. I don't remember seeing the menthol ones though. I would have stocked up otherwise.
Palmolive is good stuff and is made in Germany i believe.

When i was last in the UK (2 years ago) you could still get Palmolive sticks for 50p each in Tesco and they last months. I shaved with them for 15 years before discovering this site and all the new goodies. I don't remember seeing the menthol ones though. I would have stocked up otherwise.
Palmolive is good stuff and is made in Germany i believe.
No inflation with the Palmolive sticks or cream, it is 50p in Tesco still and was 49 last time I stocked up in 2008.
It takes me about 9 to 10 month to finish one stick so it's excellent stuff.

No inflation with the Palmolive sticks or cream, it is 50p in Tesco still and was 49 last time I stocked up in 2008.
It takes me about 9 to 10 month to finish one stick so it's excellent stuff.

I can't believe i paid one penny more than you did in 2008! LOL.

But have you had the menthol version? I don't believe i have. And i'd very much like to try it.

I can't believe i paid one penny more than you did in 2008! LOL.

But have you had the menthol version? I don't believe i have. And i'd very much like to try it.
If I understand correctly, there is no such thing as a Palmolive Menthol Stick. It only comes in cream form. But I wish it did come in stick form.

Top Bottom