What's new

Palmolive Cream Review - Because Why the [expletive deleted] not?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I used the vintage back before I became vintage and liked it. I have a tube of the Italian I use from time to time. Last week I put a dollop on my Williams and got a beautiful lather and shave. I’m looking for info on Omega cream before I buy it. Thank God you saved your marriage!

I used the vintage back before I became vintage and liked it. I have a tube of the Italian I use from time to time. Last week I put a dollop on my Williams and got a beautiful lather and shave. I’m looking for info on Omega cream before I buy it. Thank God you saved your marriage!

Thanks and indeed! :)

I love the scent of Palmolive; not only is it simple and soapy, it has a nostalgic feel to it. It reminds me of my early days shaving and the halcyon days of my youth. Could it be that it was all so simple then, or has time rewritten every line?

I prefer the shave stick, but I'll pick up a tube of cream every so often for old times' sake.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I love the scent of Palmolive; not only is it simple and soapy, it has a nostalgic feel to it. It reminds me of my early days shaving and the halcyon days of my youth. Could it be that it was all so simple then, or has time rewritten every line?

I prefer the shave stick, but I'll pick up a tube of cream every so often for old times' sake.
Time is a prolific writer indeed, however, I do believe it was a better time. I remember 1965 as being the best year of my life. I could drive, I had a girlfriend, and cigarettes were twenty five cents a pack. Now my driving is suspect and my wife won’t let me have a girlfriend or smoke.

Time is a prolific writer indeed, however, I do believe it was a better time. I remember 1965 as being the best year of my life. I could drive, I had a girlfriend, and cigarettes were twenty five cents a pack. Now my driving is suspect and my wife won’t let me have a girlfriend or smoke.
Nice. I remember days like you describe.......

Yes, yes, I saw their website but I don't think they ship to Canada.

You should ask them. Finnish post is pretty expensive so if they ship to Canada it will be pretty pricey. If I remember correctly Shavebusta on youtube reviewed some of those soaps. I can't find his videos anymore and I don't know where he got those.

i have never used the green tube but i have a red tube that i like a lot; what is the difference between the two?
No difference. The red is for the italian market. Is a excellent and cheap cream in my book. However, there is also a mentol Palmolive cream that is also green. Cheers.

I used Palmolive Menthol for the first time today having been a user of the Classic for a few years. Wow! I could feel the menthol kick around my top lip pretty quickly and some tingling on my cheeks. However, the best bit came when I wet my face before lathering up for the 2nd pass: it felt like I was holding a can from the fridge against my face.

Just picked up the stick in a local supermarket, for a whopping 1 euro nine cents. It was a great shave, I really like it. I do experience the dryness others describe, but no biggie, I just put on some oil. Amazing cheap stuff!

Great cream and it really likes its water. When done right it's on par with many revered hard soaps, if not better. The scent is classical old school fougere.

I tried the Palmolive Menthol today for the first time, got it lathered on and thought, hey must have got a bad or old batch cos there ain’t no Menthol in this? and then a few seconds later wham!:hand:

Colder than Proraso Green but not a complete face freezer.

I tried the Palmolive Menthol today for the first time, got it lathered on and thought, hey must have got a bad or old batch cos there ain’t no Menthol in this? and then a few seconds later wham!:hand:

Colder than Proraso Green but not a complete face freezer.

It’s the coldest of all tube creams! ;)

Rick

Yes I agree however I have not tried all tubes.
Some say the coldest tube is this of Denu cream but this is on of the rarest creams to find. It's made in Chile or something like this.

Oh yes, I forgot about Denu. It’s made in Colombia and it’s almost crazy cold!

Rick

Oh yes, I forgot about Denu. It’s made in Colombia and it’s almost crazy cold!

Rick
I always wanted to try this cream.
I have found two of the rarest creams that are discontinued but this no.
Is this colder than Palmolive menthol?
I suppose yes, so I wonder if this is colder than fine snake bite soap or something so cold.

Top Bottom