What's new

PALMIRA serbian dud

yes , that's "dud" dude...tried this bitter almond scented little cube that just could not make the mark...the little cube is hard ,but very moist and not really "rock" hard, it was worked in a bowl of hot water with a duke 3 best for several minutes...weak lather,but I managed to get a shave with it....next time out I milled it into a small chinese restaurant bowl and went to town on it with the duke...more water,less water,more rpms,no matter what I did I could not achieve a good lather...it was actually worse than the infamous marvy puck,but smelled a lot better....this one just can't hit the lather jackpot...here's a few shots of the cube (blue box),and some shots of the huge varirty of traditional shave goods in your average serbian corner market...

Attachments

• $zzzzzaaaa 380.jpg
    $zzzzzaaaa 380.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 411
That's too bad, this soap gets good reviews on European boards. Maybe try it like a shaving stick?

Jeez, that does look bad. On another note, seeing such a range of supplies...I gotta get out of Australia!

I tried different ways with this soap, nice scent but the lather is just vanishing in some minutes..

Tam

I have tried the stick and it is still a dud, I think this soaps sellin point is strictly novelty not usefulness. I was really hoping it would work for you but your experience is the same as mine. Oh well, looks like the cheap tallow winner is Arko.

I agree with the comment guy on the "icey wastes"...pretty funny !...review is correct on the scent aspect, it does have a wonderful marzipan scent,like the vitos semi-soft...love that smell..

I agree with the comment guy on the "icey wastes"...pretty funny !...review is correct on the scent aspect, it does have a wonderful marzipan scent,like the vitos semi-soft...love that smell..

How did the cream lather compared to the soap cube? Man you are lucky with those small ethnic stores, looks like you got a great selection in soaps. I like the Palmolive soap in the photos.

the photos of the tube and serbian market are from serbia ! I have only managed to try the little cube...sure would love to try those creams in that shop !

I love this soap - Tallow quality and lathers like mad (I used boar on this soap). Make sure that it didn't expire. Smell-wise, to me it was mild milky-almond smell, I preferred it to two Italian almond soaps.

I love this soap - Tallow quality and lathers like mad (I used boar on this soap). Make sure that it didn't expire. Smell-wise, to me it was mild milky-almond smell, I preferred it to two Italian almond soaps.

Well maybe you could explain how you are lathering because I tried many ways and the lather is just dissapearing....just out of curiosity did you try how long the lather is table on your brush?
pls let me know because I do like the scent !

Thanks

Tam

Well, if some of you people still have palmira shaving soap, I must saz zou need different methods for it to work.

First, put a few millimeters of it in warm water, to soften it. Do not throw away soap water.

Rub it on face, a lot.

Then, go loading brush, like you would normally do. It will be better with stiffer brush, like boar.

Then, face lathering.

For wetting brush and lather dip brush in water left after dipping soap. It need more water than arko.
You will get really rich, fat lather, best I ever saw. just put more water.

Well, if some of you people still have palmira shaving soap, I must saz zou need different methods for it to work.

First, put a few millimeters of it in warm water, to soften it. Do not throw away soap water.

Rub it on face, a lot.

Then, go loading brush, like you would normally do. It will be better with stiffer brush, like boar.

Then, face lathering.

For wetting brush and lather dip brush in water left after dipping soap. It need more water than arko.
You will get really rich, fat lather, best I ever saw. just put more water.
I ll try this method because I really like the scent, on top I do not have my face burning like with CELLA

Tam

Peer shaving cream is discontinued, but everything else could be found in almost every bigger supermarket.

Peer shaving cream is discontinued, but everything else could be found in almost every bigger supermarket.

what is that black box ?? can't make out the name...is it any good ? how about the alcream and paraho ?? any good?

Black on most left? It is "Vožd" shaving cream. Vožd is actually is something like king, kniaz, voivode, man who started First Serbian Rebel against Turks had a title of vožd. I hope you understand me. :) Ž is actually spelled like G in gillette, on French :)
I haven't used it, but member from our Serbian forum about shaving said it is nice, have specific scent. I have only smelled a vozd deodorant and it have specific scent. Do not know how to describe it.
Well I have read now something about paraho and alcream. Alcream is post shave cream, with menthol, and paraho is shaving cream, I hope I am not wrong. But they were made by company that got bankrupt last year. So there is no more production of it, cause of that now I will look to buy one of them, just to have them before they disappear from market tottaly.

Top Bottom