What's new

Paladin Shaving Fifth Anniversary Special Edition PK-47

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, thanks for responding.

I'm aware that some of your releases didn't sell out and that a couple of Ebonites are still available in addition to the 50 or so brushes on your store but the brushes I liked, wanted and went after were bought by someone else while I was checking out.

I'm not on Facebook nor do I ever intend to be, I'm concerned about privacy issues. I guess I will have to keep trying and hopefully one of these days I'll go after a brush than no one else likes as much as I do which will hopefully give me the few extra seconds I seem to be always short lately in completing the purchase.

Sorry to hear we are still in a "nomadic" state. I hope you settle in your new digs soon, we need you to start turning handles ASAP. :)

I wasn't suggesting that you use Facebook. There is a contact form on our website here: Contact Us. You can also send me a PM or email via Badger & Blade.

Since May 2017 Shopify has operated on first-to-pay basis; there is no reservation of an item that has been placed in a cart or carried into checkout until payment. See this post on our site from July 2017: July 18 release.

Our last five releases comprised: 1) the 25-brush five year anniversary PK-47 SE, 2) an offering of 15 Ebonite brushes, 3) a 12-brush Vesuvius SE, 4) one introducing Phantasia that included 21 brushes, and 5) an offering of 12 Ebonite brushes. Not one of them was what we would consider a standard release.

When brushes are lost during checkout, they are identified to us as "Abandoned checkouts". If you contact me privately and provide your name, I look and see whether there might be some useful information I could share.

Following is an excerpt from an email my son sent to another customer who asked for similar guidance.

After adding your favorite brush into your cart you will have an option to checkout or go to the paypal site. If you proceed to checkout you will be prompted for shipping and credit card information (it will also give you an option to redirect to paypal at this time). Going this route, you sound like you already got yourself ahead of the game by creating an account, filling out your shipping information, and logging in ahead of time prier to the sale. If from the cart you click on paypal, it will take you to the paypal site to complete your order; logging into paypal ahead of time should speed up the process here. Also, shopify has been found to work best with chrome according to shopify themselves, though we have heard great success stories from customers using their smart phones on 4G service as well, so anything is possible. Best strategy in adding your brush to your cart is to have your preferences selected, including the in-stock filter and hit refresh at the exact time of the sale, 8 pm central, until you see the brushes load, find your brush, make your selection from the available stock(if there happens to be multiple options of the brush variant), add it to your cart, and then get all the way through the check out process as fast as possible.

Note that excessive refreshing can cause Shopify to suspend use temporarily. I don't know when Shopify implemented that feature, but my guess is that it was in response to abusive practices involving bots. That's also why reservation of items in checkout was eliminated.

Note also that we've had some customers report faster checkout using payment by credit card as compared to PayPal. That's counter-intuitive to me, but I'm inclined to think it's true, at least sometimes.

Last edited:
Ken, thanks for the valuable info particularly the excerpt from Cody's email to another customer. I've already identified a couple of things I could do differently to get to the payment stage faster.

I didn't mean to suggest that the ridiculous speed at which your brushes sell out is your problem, in fact the opposite, you should consider it a complement. Your brushes have established themselves at the top of the heep of collectible fine brushes and wet shaving aficionados want them. It's that simple.

I look forward to your next release and hopefully with the tips you provided I'll have better luck next time. Many thanks.

I will share that logging in to Paypal beforehand does not make a difference.
In fact PP regularly logs users out after couple minutes of inactivity for security reasons.
Even if you log on to Paypal 30 seconds before the event, you will still
be required to log in on the Shopify window as it's a different platform.

Im no IT whiz but the is what Ive experienced consistently.

Haven't tried registering on Paladin either....I guess if they stored credit card info
it might speed things up, but I would never go for that...not because of them, but because
I just wouldn't anywhere. Manually typing CC info means game over even before you've typed your name.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Haven't tried registering on Paladin either....I guess if they stored credit card info
it might speed things up, but I would never go for that...not because of them, but because
I just wouldn't anywhere. Manually typing CC info means game over even before you've typed your name.

I never store CC info on sites either.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, thanks for the valuable info particularly the excerpt from Cody's email to another customer. I've already identified a couple of things I could do differently to get to the payment stage faster.

I didn't mean to suggest that the ridiculous speed at which your brushes sell out is your problem, in fact the opposite, you should consider it a complement. Your brushes have established themselves at the top of the heep of collectible fine brushes and wet shaving aficionados want them. It's that simple.

I look forward to your next release and hopefully with the tips you provided I'll have better luck next time. Many thanks.

Thanks for the kind words, and no offense taken. I'm just sensitive to potential misperception that our brushes are only available for purchase in chaotic, stressful, and most likely disappointing releases. The fact is that at this time there are 50 brushes available for purchase from our online shop. Those brushes represent 14 different styles, three sizes (26 mm, 28 mm, and 30 mm), and 20 different materials (including Cumberland Honey in "Wicked", my favorite Ebonite). So, anyone who can't buy a brush is probably being highly particular, which is fine. I happen to highly particular be myself. Just the same, it's not like it was in the beginning. We've worked ourselves through that. At this time anyone who wants to buy one of our brushes easily can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom