ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
See: Special Events

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I can't aford to give up my kidney for this fantastic brush ....... OUCH!

Thanks and sorry. $170 is $10 more than the $160 price we charged for PK-47s in early 2015. $160 is still the price for 26 mm PK-47s, Chiefs, and Falstaffs with handles turned from standard stock. That's despite the fact our costs have gone up considerably. FWIW, the laser engraver we use cost over $20,000. The BOFA filter we run with it was another $5,000.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Errr... one day we'll get some more information about he PK-47 name... maybe...:lol1:

The PK-47 was my second, I think, after the original B&B Chief. And I've had a couplethree of them .. I took PK to stand for Paladin Knight ..

Great handle design

garyg

Yikes just how fast did they sell out? I saw out of stock at 3:01 EDT

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Yikes just how fast did they sell out? I saw out of stock at 3:01 EDT

It's hard to say. Per PayPal, the last transaction was completed within 44 seconds of the first. The first completed 26 seconds into the release. But there's some systemic lag, and I think that gets warped a bit more when a number of simultaneous attempts to purchase the same item are made. I'd guess all 25 successful buyers were in checkout within 10-15 or maybe 20 seconds after 2:00 PM Central. He who hesitates is lost in releases like this.

I wish we could have made more, but we're moving, and there just wasn't time.

garyg

Best of luck with the move sir, and thanks for taking the time to create 25. More isn't better in the case of a LE in my mind

It's hard to say. Per PayPal, the last transaction was completed within 44 seconds of the first. The first completed 26 seconds into the release. But there's some systemic lag, and I think that gets warped a bit more when a number of simultaneous attempts to purchase the same item are made. I'd guess all 25 successful buyers were in checkout within 10-15 or maybe 20 seconds after 2:00 PM Central. He who hesitates is lost in releases like this.

I wish we could have made more, but we're moving, and there just wasn't time.

How is this possible? I can't even type that fast!:sod:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
How is this possible? I can't even type that fast!:sod:

It doesn't take much time (a few seconds) to move a then-available (i.e., no-yet-paid-for) item into Checkout. Once there, how much has to be keyed in depends on prior preparation (e.g., registration). Some guys are just wicked fast. I really don't know how they do it.

When we did the 2015 TSN LE, all 100 brushes were sold within 97 seconds, plus three that weren't in inventory. Transactions outpaced PayPal's enforcement of the inventory limit. So we made three more brushes and numbered them -1, -2, and -3. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and we had approval, but infelicitous, unintended consequences resulted, about which I shall say no more. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Ken, I own a number of your brushes. Although I tried to add to my collection, evidently I wasn't fast enough to buy a brush from your last five releases!!!! I don't think I'm getting any slower which means that others have found ways to be faster.

Can you please explain further your comment re: prior preparation more than just the single word ""registration"? Perhaps that's how others have gotten faster and I've been left in the dust.

Thank you in advance for hopefully shedding some light on my question and continue to make your superb, best-in-class, brushes at your new digs.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, I own a number of your brushes. Although I tried to add to my collection, evidently I wasn't fast enough to buy a brush from your last five releases!!!! I don't think I'm getting any slower which means that others have found ways to be faster.

Can you please explain further your comment re: prior preparation more than just the single word ""registration"? Perhaps that's how others have gotten faster and I've been left in the dust.

Thank you in advance for hopefully shedding some light on my question and continue to make your superb, best-in-class, brushes at your new digs.

What brushes were you going after in the last five releases? To the best of my recollection, only two of those releases sold out.

We presently have over 50 brushes available for purchase in our store, including two Ebonites.

It was predictable that yesterday's release would sell out quickly. There were only 25 brushes. It was a 5th anniversary special edition, and we haven't made very many brushes in that handle material since day one. That said, the second purchase was made by a first time buyer from Canada who asked questions about registration via Facebook within about a half hour of release time.

I can speak neither to your experience nor with the benefit of your buyer-side perspective. That said, the fact is that uptake of releases has been slowing down over almost the entire course of this year.

I can't associate your username here with anyone I know. Please feel free to contact me privately via PM here or the contact form on our website.

FWIW, we are not in new digs yet. At present, we are nomads on the Kansas City side. I haven't turned a handle in over a month.

Ken, thanks for responding.

I'm aware that some of your releases didn't sell out and that a couple of Ebonites are still available in addition to the 50 or so brushes on your store but the brushes I liked, wanted and went after were bought by someone else while I was checking out.

I'm not on Facebook nor do I ever intend to be, I'm concerned about privacy issues. I guess I will have to keep trying and hopefully one of these days I'll go after a brush than no one else likes as much as I do which will hopefully give me the few extra seconds I seem to be always short lately in completing the purchase.

Sorry to hear we are still in a "nomadic" state. I hope you settle in your new digs soon, we need you to start turning handles ASAP. :)

Per PayPal, the last transaction was completed within 44 seconds of the first. The first completed 26 seconds into the release. But there's some systemic lag, and I think that gets warped a bit more when a number of simultaneous attempts to purchase the same item are made. I'd guess all 25 successful buyers were in checkout within 10-15 or maybe 20 seconds after 2:00 PM Central.

I love data like this as it can be applied to almost any other artisan's limited releases that have a lot
of traffic.

Ken, thanks for responding.

I'm aware that some of your releases didn't sell out and that a couple of Ebonites are still available in addition to the 50 or so brushes on your store but the brushes I liked, wanted and went after were bought by someone else while I was checking out.

I'm not on Facebook nor do I ever intend to be, I'm concerned about privacy issues. I guess I will have to keep trying and hopefully one of these days I'll go after a brush than no one else likes as much as I do which will hopefully give me the few extra seconds I seem to be always short lately in completing the purchase.

Sorry to hear we are still in a "nomadic" state. I hope you settle in your new digs soon, we need you to start turning handles ASAP. :)
Just keep on looking at Ken's vendor forum. He gives you a headsup when a release is coming up. So, unlike some artisans, you don't have to check his website every 20 seconds as is the case of certain brush or razor companies.

Top Bottom