What's new

Paladin Shaving & Dark Holler Design Works shop journal

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
O.k. thanks. It's the El Dorado in the dark butterscotch that I like (1st column, top row). The Tut is beautiful, but I don't see it in the butterscotch. Is the 4th column, 2nd row white Tut a Somerset or one of the Ivories? What is the 2nd column, 3rd row white El Dorado? Somerset or an Ivory?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
O.k. thanks. It's the El Dorado in the dark butterscotch that I like (1st column, top row). The Tut is beautiful, but I don't see it in the butterscotch. Is the 4th column, 2nd row white Tut a Somerset or one of the Ivories? What is the 2nd column, 3rd row white El Dorado? Somerset or an Ivory?

I only turned a few of each for this first batch with the new designs. It's not very efficient to make them that way, but then efficiency isn't really what we're about. There will be Butterscotch Tuts.

The Tut you asked about appears to be Ivory and the El Dorado is Somerset. Again, more in broader variety will follow. Right now I'm turning some 28 mm El Dorado's.

Couple of macro shots.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Funny!:thumbsup:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Oh dear me. Do I see El Dorado in Butterscotch and Somerset? Gotta start saving my pennies.

Ken, would you consider adding some porcelain rod to your future stock? I have an M&F with porcelain handle and think a Chief would look particularly nice with it.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, would you consider adding some porcelain rod to your future stock? I have an M&F with porcelain handle and think a Chief would look particularly nice with it.

You mean real porcelain or faux?

The problem with having lots of variants of more-or-less white/bone rod is there doesn't seem to be all that much demand for it. We buy rod in non-standard sizes, which means we have to place minimum orders of 50 kilos per material. That's a lot of rod.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Faux. I understand and am not surprised at the answer. It's okay, just wanted to show some interest.

We appreciate suggestions. And I didn't mean to reject the idea at all. Those are just considerations we have to balance. Thanks, Ron.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
We're featured in the Vendor's Spotlight interview on B&B Radio's first anniversary installment, which was posted today here. Our bit starts at about 00:23:00. Sorry I didn't have a better phone setup.

Top Bottom