What's new

Paladin Shaving Auction (05/29/21)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I wonder what these will end up going for. Might be a good thing to see what the market is doing these are nice looking but definitely high end starting price point. Their auction rules look buyer friendly too.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I wonder what these will end up going for. Might be a good thing to see what the market is doing these are nice looking but definitely high end starting price point. Their auction rules look buyer friendly too.

You can scroll down the page to see what previously auctioned brushes went for. The brushes we select to offer by way of auction are generally extraordinary in one way or another that makes standard pricing suboptimal. We basically set reserves at the levels below which we'd rather keep a brush than sell it; then we stand out of the way.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
An empty practice handle sold for $750. Wow
Edit: It started at $5 so truly was quite desirable.

FWIW, we ended up knotting all of those handles. It was supposed to be a more-or-less private, practice auction to test the page. We had no expectation at all that any of those handles would go for more than $40-50. But they were rarities and turned out to be desirable, as such, to a few collectors.

Last edited:
That’s fair. Nobody can accuse you of over charging on those, it’s an auction and people pay whatever they’re willing to pay. Whatever floats their boat. No judgement here. The auctioned handles were lovely.
FWIW, we ended up knotting all of those handles. It was supposed to be a more-or-less private practice auction to test the page. We had no expectation at all that any of those handles would go for more than $40-50. But they were rarities and turned out to be desirable, as such, to a few collectors.

I was able to win the 2XL 28mm Strawberry Amber B01.
E0E8C36E-1F1B-4CBB-8A6E-64F05F108315.jpeg
2F2EE4E9-7817-4300-99AB-DCF042CED641.jpeg

Why did the one brush go for $1550? There were very similar brushes that went for $350-550. Just curious what was so desirable about that Cleo/B02 with the bubble in the handle.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Why did the one brush go for $1550? There were very similar brushes that went for $350-550. Just curious what was so desirable about that Cleo/B02 with the bubble in the handle.

I really don't know. It had an unusual pattern with striking depth for the material. I think a collector just decided he wanted that brush and was willing to pay what it took.

I really don't know. It had an unusual pattern with striking depth for the material. I think a collector just decided he wanted that brush and was willing to pay what it took.
Had to be two collectors, rather than one, in order to have a bidding war with one another. It's a pretty handle, that's for sure.

Top Bottom