What's new

Paladin Shave Brushes

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I recently ordered three Paladin brushes. They were each from the same knot batch 2CLND3. I found that each knot, though from the same batch, was very different. One displayed amazing gel tips and the other two were soft but no gel.

Can you post photos of all three brushes side by side, both wet and dry, for comparison?

What you said is true as well. How processing affects hair also depends on the hair, and not all hair is the same. It generally gets mixed up and blended, but that doesn't mean it turns out to be homogeneous.
Interesting thread and info from the maker, thanks. The hooked tips do seem very delicate. I hope it lasts as long as others; I hope they don't break off. Are the hairs more brittle when dry? Should we refrain from brushing them until wet?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Interesting thread and info from the maker, thanks. The hooked tips do seem very delicate. I hope it lasts as long as others; I hope they don't break off. Are the hairs more brittle when dry? Should we refrain from brushing them until wet?

There is a lot of information to be found on this board regarding knots with gel-tips. There is also some discussion in the Knot Notes on our website of gel-tips and the compromises involved in what is required to produce them.

Can you post side-by-side, comparative photos of all three of your recently purchased brushes with 2CLND3 knots?

Last edited:
There is a lot of information to be found on this board regarding knots with gel-tips. There is also some discussion in the Knot Notes on our website of gel-tips and the compromises involved in what is required to produce them.

Can you post side-by-side, comparative photos of all three of your recently purchased brushes with 2CLND3 knots?
the one that I purchased did not turn out to be a gel tip
Can you post photos of all three brushes side by side, both wet and dry, for comparison?
the brush I purchased is not a gel tip

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
the one that I purchased did not turn out to be a gel tip

the brush I purchased is not a gel tip

My request was directed to A. Feitar, who recently purchased three brushes with 2CLND3 knots.

I would not have expected the knot in the brush you purchased to exhibit gel tips. We received the 2CLND3 knots in April 2016. That's the last time we ordered knots for 24 mm handles. To the best of my recollection, I've never before today seen anyone post comments with reference to a 2CLND3 knot describing it as having gel tips. I don't doubt A. Feitar's description. But his brush appears to be an outlier as among those we've made with 2CLND3 knots. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. It's just not broadly representative of 2CLND3 knots.

Merry Christmas everyone. Dark Holler family, this one is breathtaking! 28MM Ebonite Cumberland Honey High Rise Beehive!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

A day at the Zoo.

Every year the 5th-grade class has a day at the zoo to learn about the animals that inhabit the Earth. As always kids will be kids and do something dumb. So for the safety of the student's the teacher will always give instructions on behavior and safety "Listen up children after we view the goldfish we will be going over to see the Tigress. Now just remember do not feed the Tigress, we have to bring you back with all your limbs".

Pal Tiger zoo.jpg

Last edited:
See that lovely creature talking to Modigliani, isn't she beautiful, he just finished doing a portrait of her. I have to tell you that I've been watching you stealing glances of her for a while now. Life is funny because she noticed you the moment you entered the room and has s been asking about you. Should I continue? Ok, now please don't repeat what I'm going to tell you, she just loves your Harlequin look and your hair. Now, what if I were to tell you that she made the comment that she would love to run her fingers through it all night, would you like to be introduced? Oh, no, no no I swear that's what she said. I think it's time we stop dilly-dallying around and why don't I introduce you to her. Excuse me, dear lady, please let me introduce you to Oscar; Oscar please allow me to introduce you to the most beautiful woman that Modigliani ever painted.

Pal Oscar.jpg

Oscar 28 Harlequin SCLNL5

This handle is slightly shorter and thinner then the chief 28, at the moment this is my 2nd favorite handle, my number one is the PK 47 28.

The SCLNL5 knot is exactly as Ken has described it. The free loft and loft on this brush is 53 so the backbone is slightly less than if the free loft was lower then the overall loft there would be more backbone. But since it's a fan the spread is greater than a bulb which again makes the backbone slightly softer, the tips themselves have a very soft pleasing presence. Now if you load up the brush there isn't any tip presence to be felt.

All of you have heard, seen or read about each or all of the Oscar Brothers may it have been on TV, the Movies, in News Newspaper and Magazines on the Evening News or the internet. The Oscar Brothers have lived a life very few people can imagine, the stories I can tell about these men are why books are written, why movies are made. So to all you people out there please let me introduce to the Oscar Brothers

All you have already been introduced to Harlequin Oscar with one of the beautiful women that inspired Modigliani to paint. He's highly intelligent like his brothers, he himself is a famous painter and sculpture as well as a world renown author. Harlequin is suave, he's sophisticated as well as a cade who at times has no morals, no boundaries with the women he seduces.

Then there's Honey Noir Oscar called the Surfer Dude or Sweet Honey he's the bad boy of the family, there's no daredevil risks or personal challenge he won't attempt and he always succeeds an incorrigible adventurer, Formula 1 cars, rock face climbing, swimming with the great whites, Whale exploring at the Poles, Dune Buggy racing in the Sahara, mercenary work in the Middle East and then there was the Moon Walk as Sweet Honey put it "it was out of this world", just to name just a few of his accomplishments. He's a carefree guy, a real charmer, likes smokin his grass, he's the original bad boy and yes he's broken the law.

International movie star Graphite Oscar is tall dark very handsome, he is world renown actor-director on stage and screen, he's an author, sportsmen and of course, he is every bit of a rake (it's in the family DNA). He has won multiple awards for his art and received worldwide honors in recognition of his humanitarian efforts, in short, he's irresistible.

And then there is Vintage Port Oscar the banker, Harvard, Stanford, MIT and Oxford he invests and advises only the wealthiest of clientele the Rothschilds, Buffet, Gates, Bezos, Blackstone Group, Goldman Saks. He knows trends before they happen, he understands, breaks down, computes world Economies in seconds in his head. And like his brothers, he's charming as sin, handsome, athletic, understands human nature and drive, quietly exudes power.

The Oscar Brothers (as far as we know there could be a few others that I have not tracked down yet)
Oscar Boys.jpg

You have already been introduced to Harlequin Oscar, Now here a day in the life of Honey Noir Oscar

Good morning Dude Suzanne been looking for, she's going after those Bitchin Bombs that we've been waiting for all year at East Bay, everyone's been lookin for ya. By the way, if you have some time later on, I would love to talk to you about some projects I want to do, I could use your help.
Surfer B.jpg

Hey Dude, hey Dude we hear those waves are Bitchin. We picked up a few kegs of beer and a pig to roast, it's party time at the Bay. What a great day this is going to be all we want to do is shack and fade as many times as we can and party away. Dude ya better hurry those Bombs aren't going to wait for ya, and a party ain't a party without ya.
Surfer B 2.jpg

There are no words to describe this experience, except this is the true meaning of life (only if you're a true loony toon surfer).
Wave 2.jpg

Hey Dude, Hi my Darlin Suzanne, Dude you left early I was going to make you breakfast. It was a good thing you did leave early I got over here as fast as I could and all I can tell ya is the Bombs keep rollin in. I'm glad to see ya, you know I love riding the heavies with ya. Hey Dude if you want I'll make ya an early breakfast. Suzanne Darlin, what more can a man ask for.
Surfer B 3.jpg

Bomb - a massive wave
Fade - when a surfer puts themselves into the most powerful part of the wave
Heavy - big, awesome waves
Shack - riding a great big barrel

All of you have heard, seen or read about each or all of the Oscar Brothers may it have been on TV, the Movies, in News Newspaper and Magazines on the Evening News or the internet. The Oscar Brothers have lived a life very few people can imagine, the stories I can tell about these men are why books are written, why movies are made. So to all you people out there please let me introduce to the Oscar Brothers

All you have already been introduced to Harlequin Oscar with one of the beautiful women that inspired Modigliani to paint. He's highly intelligent like his brothers, he himself is a famous painter and sculpture as well as a world renown author. Harlequin is suave, he's sophisticated as well as a cade who at times has no morals, no boundaries with the women he seduces.

Then there's Honey Noir Oscar called the Surfer Dude or Sweet Honey he's the bad boy of the family, there's no daredevil risks or personal challenge he won't attempt and he always succeeds an incorrigible adventurer, Formula 1 cars, rock face climbing, swimming with the great whites, Whale exploring at the Poles, Dune Buggy racing in the Sahara, mercenary work in the Middle East and then there was the Moon Walk as Sweet Honey put it "it was out of this world", just to name just a few of his accomplishments. He's a carefree guy, a real charmer, likes smokin his grass, he's the original bad boy and yes he's broken the law.

International movie star Graphite Oscar is tall dark very handsome, he is world renown actor-director on stage and screen, he's an author, sportsmen and of course, he is every bit of a rake (it's in the family DNA). He has won multiple awards for his art and received worldwide honors in recognition of his humanitarian efforts, in short, he's irresistible.

And then there is Vintage Port Oscar the banker, Harvard, Stanford, MIT and Oxford he invests and advises only the wealthiest of clientele the Rothschilds, Buffet, Gates, Bezos, Blackstone Group, Goldman Saks. He knows trends before they happen, he understands, breaks down, computes world Economies in seconds in his head. And like his brothers, he's charming as sin, handsome, athletic, understands human nature and drive, quietly exudes power.

The Oscar Brothers (as far as we know there could be a few others that I have not tracked down yet)
View attachment 975967

You have already been introduced to Harlequin Oscar, Now here a day in the life of Honey Noir Oscar

Good morning Dude Suzanne been looking for, she's going after those Bitchin Bombs that we've been waiting for all year at East Bay, everyone's been lookin for ya. By the way, if you have some time later on, I would love to talk to you about some projects I want to do, I could use your help.
View attachment 975968

Hey Dude, hey Dude we hear those waves are Bitchin. We picked up a few kegs of beer and a pig to roast, it's party time at the Bay. What a great day this is going to be all we want to do is shack and fade as many times as we can and party away. Dude ya better hurry those Bombs aren't going to wait for ya, and a party ain't a party without ya.
View attachment 975969

There are no words to describe this experience, except this is the true meaning of life (only if you're a true loony toon surfer).
View attachment 975970

Hey Dude, Hi my Darlin Suzanne, Dude you left early I was going to make you breakfast. It was a good thing you did leave early I got over here as fast as I could and all I can tell ya is the Bombs keep rollin in. I'm glad to see ya, you know I love riding the heavies with ya. Hey Dude if you want I'll make ya an early breakfast. Suzanne Darlin, what more can a man ask for.
View attachment 975971

Bomb - a massive wave
Fade - when a surfer puts themselves into the most powerful part of the wave
Heavy - big, awesome waves
Shack - riding a great big barrel

Impressed, that's the only thing I dare to say, impressed! Excellent, outstanding, one of a kind... THANKS for posting!

The untold story of the 8th Samurai

History has been telling of the exploits of the 7 Samurai (Saburau) that has inspired people throughout the world to do great things in battle and in life, books have been written and movies made. Yet as this story has been told one very important Samurai in missing, Why is this? Is it because the retelling of these men worked better with the number 7, that lucky number 7?

After doing years of research traveling the 4 corners of the earth I found out the true story of the legend, there were 8 Samurais. What I am relaying here is the true history on how the 7 Samurai was actually 8. This is what I uncovered deep in manuscripts and piecing together folklore.

After hearing the plight of the village Kambei Shimada recruited 6 Samurais hoping to get ronin Samurai Paladin Neptune 8 to join up, he knew that the great Neptune * had offered his services for free or at the very lest for wine women and song when he felt strongly about injustice. Kambei had fought alongside Neptune 8 in many battles in which Neptune had shaved (saved) Kambei life on numerous occasions. There was no finer warrior then Neptune 8 and if the Samurais had any chance in saving the village, defeating the 40 bandits, Neptune 8 had to be with them.

And so when the great battle has ended there were actual 4 Samurais who live not 3 as the story was told. As far as the aftermath of this battle Neptune 8 continued on his long journey of self-reflection while wielding his sword for justice.

Below are photos ( believe it or not the Japanese were very technically advanced in the late 1500s, in fact, if can believe a group of men was thinking about opening a business called Sony) of Neptune 8 with some of the warriors that fought alongside him. Please notice below there are a few photos of the 12th grandson of Neptune's 8 following in the family great Samurai tradition and family namesake journeying out to new frontiers offering his extraordinary skills to help those battling injustice (of cause payment would be wine women and song).

Pal sam.jpg
Pal sam 4.jpg

Paladin Samuraiiiiiiiii Neptune 8 in Space

The credo of Paladin Neptune 8

"Where ever there is injustice, where ever there is lawlessness Samurai Neptune 8 will always bring order to the universe no matter where no matter how long it takes he will give his 2 band to his last hair".

As the ship passes earth, we hear music coming from the ship

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars
let me know what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars"
Pal sam 6.jpg

Top Bottom