What's new

Paladin Shave Brushes

Amazing collaboration for a great cause, thumbs up to both parties for the donation. All 3 brushes offered were beautiful, for sure. However, there’s just something about this one... it just called my name:

F5B32C26-6040-417E-A704-E4D66125DFCD.jpeg
C2715E12-5120-43A9-B022-7D684805DBE2.jpeg

Matisse decided to take a few weeks at his apt in the South of France, he took with him a beautiful young woman who was his current inspiring muse. Each morning when he woke the open doors to the balcony permitted the sun to blanket this enchanted creature that slept next to him, this image, the soft breeze of the Mediterranean stimulated his creative juices.

With this image dancing before him, a smile blossomed on his face. He would now get up and make himself a cup of coffee, take a shower and shave. The shave gave him the opportunity to slowly put his thoughts together, for it was the Paladin full of creamy lather creasing his face that allowed him to dream right before he begins to paint.

Paladin Ebonite named "By the Sea"
Pal by the sea.jpg

Matisse decided to take a few weeks at his apt in the South of France, he took with him a beautiful young woman who was his current inspiring muse. Each morning when he woke the open doors to the balcony permitted the sun to blanket this enchanted creature that slept next to him, this image, the soft breeze of the Mediterranean stimulated his creative juices.

With this image dancing before him, a smile blossomed on his face. He would now get up and make himself a cup of coffee, take a shower and shave. The shave gave him the opportunity to slowly put his thoughts together, for it was the Paladin full of creamy lather creasing his face that allowed him to dream right before he begins to paint.

View attachment 925465

Excellent!

View attachment 925465
Bravo, sir! Love it [emoji482]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

For me there's nothing like a city at night, I love the concrete, steel, and glass, I love the energy especially the other side of life, just think of L.A Woman, Walk on the Wild Side, the Velvet Underground for starters.

Early that evening I heard that Lilly was in town. I took out my Paladin, lathered up and had me a gooood shave, I'm now ready to go slumming, playing in the sleazy, looking for Lilly. There's nobody like Lilly, there's nobody that parties like Lilly, there's nobody that brings out the life in you like Lilly. But an evening cruisin the kinky underground starts with a good shave, the one thing that Lilly likes most is to caress a baby smooth face, you have that, she's yours.

IMG-2208.JPG

I recently ordered three Paladin brushes. They were each from the same knot batch 2CLND3. I found that each knot, though from the same batch, was very different. One displayed amazing gel tips and the other two were soft but no gel.

Anyone else experience differences within the same knot batch?

I recently ordered three Paladin brushes. They were each from the same knot batch 2CLND3. I found that each knot, though from the same batch, was very different. One displayed amazing gel tips and the other two were soft but no gel.

First, congrats!!!!

As for the differences, I have several brushes but not from the same batch. It is however, I guess, logical, due to the hair being sourced from "living", well, sources.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!

Those knots date back to an order we received in April 2016. That was the largest knot order we've ever placed. I would not expect 2CLND3 knots to exhibit what I call "gel tips". That said, there is almost always some variance across consignments/batches/orders. And I can't say it's impossible that a knot from another order might get mixed in with knots we designate with a particular Knot Code. That could happen in China or in our shop. We're very careful, however, to keep knots segregated.

What sizes and shapes are your knots?

For what it's worth, gel tips are not a natural phenomenon. That characteristic is a result of processing hair (e.g. by exposure to steam and/or bleaching agents). Ambient conditions such as temperature, humidity, and UV light can significantly affect results. So can duration of exposure. Those conditions are not always equally present even across a batch of hair being processed at the same time. In fact, I've seen many individual knots with get tips in some areas and not others. I have one that is gel on half and not on the other half. There's a photo of such a knot posted somewhere in this forum.

IMG_1043.jpg

Look at these gel tips!! The 24mm 2CLND3 brush is fresh out of the tube from Paladin and that is the first wetting of the brush. The tips were hooked from the start with no "break in" period. The other 2CLND3 brush I have, while excellent, didn't have the same gel tips. I like them both.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
There were 2CSND3 (and 2CSNL2 from late in 2015), many (possibly most) of which exhibited so-called gel tips. The 2CLND3s (and 2CLNL2s) generally did not. We haven't ordered any knots for 24 mm handles since the 2C*ND3s, so yours in the photo is definitely either an *L2 or a *D3. Based on height and density (and the fact I would almost certainly have noticed the difference), I'm very close to certain that knot is a 2CLND3. And if it is, then it appears to be a bit of an anomaly.

Hope you like it.

Top Bottom