What's new

Paladin Pickle Barrel

Ken, when I read your thread title.... I thought Pickle Barrel was the shape of a new brush handle! :001_tt2::001_rolle

proxy.php

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ken, when I read your thread title.... I thought Pickle Barrel was the shape of a new brush handle! :001_tt2::001_rolle

It's an old expression with reference to times past when men would gather around the pickle barrel in small-town hardware stores and the like to shoot the breeze. At least that's my understanding of it. Can't say I ever did quite that myself.

Last edited:
It's an old expression with reference to times past when men would gather around the pickle barrel in small-town hardware stores and the like to shoot the breeze. At least that's my understanding of it. Can't say I ever did quite that myself.

Aha, thanks... Should have looked for it myself...

Anyway, it must be nice to be chatting around such a barrel... I like pickles, yes.:001_smile

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Aha, thanks... Should have looked for it myself...

Anyway, it must be nice to be chatting around such a barrel... I like pickles, yes.:001_smile

Indeed. I like sardines too, especially packed in mustard, but don't know that I'd want to hang out around a barrel of them.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
It's the date of the eclipse. Are you (Ken - not Paladin) doing anything to watch it?

Oh yeah, that. Great suggestion by the way. But we haven't made many Graphite brushes yet.

Sure I'll watch it. Don't plan on doing sacrifices or anything like that. Hope the weather is favorable.

I'm going to wait for a while and see if Bruce posts something.
You've come a looooooong way since you first posted this. Did you ever imagine where you'd be today in regards to brushes?

"The only reason I had a brush was that one came in a sample collection of The Art of Shaving products, and I wasn't doing much more with the Cella and Prorasa solid creams than I'd done with The Art of Shaving cream, which was to get some on my wetted brush and spread it around on my face. I kinda pretended to make some lather, but it was like my 3-year old niece making tea."

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
You've come a looooooong way since you first posted this. Did you ever imagine where you'd be today in regards to brushes?

No, not at all. I imagined next steps along the way, but not with any long-term vision until maybe after we pulled off the TSN LE. One thing just led to another. And it all started with a handle design that a twist of fate turned into the M&F Group Buy here on B&B.

It's all good, but I think if I'd known where the first step would lead and how much effort would be required to get from there to here, I probably wouldn't have taken it. It hasn't been a cakewalk.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I'm gonna wait for the new Barber style handle which I just know you will come out with in the future

I saw your post in the Brushes Forum but didn't think it would be appropriate to reply there. That actually served as a stimulus for starting this thread.

I'd really like to do an old Barber-style handle. I think it could be a challenge to balance a badger-hair knot with one height-wise. But we'd work that out. Thanks for the nudge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom