What's new

Paladin Pickle Barrel

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
PB170623PS1.jpg

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Cool. Special project?

Yes. I think about four of each size in Somerset and Butterscotch. What we have in mind is to release them on a first-come, first-served basis on 11/30, Churchill's birthday.

In the photo from left to right are 30 mm, 26 mm, 24 mm, and 28 mm handles. The 24 is new. We're going to call it the "Winnie".

I'd say the Facebook site is off to a good start.. There are some just stellar sotd pics and exquisite handles being posted.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I'd say the Facebook site is off to a good start.. There are some just stellar sotd pics and exquisite handles being posted.

Thanks. I wish I could get something rolling here, but it doesn't work for me anymore. Not a whine, just the way it is. Haven't put much effort into it for a while. At some point you have to spend time as/where it's productive.

Still great memories, though. And many good friends.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I posted the usual notices of an upcoming release yesterday. Referrals to our site today are about 2X from TSN and DSF! as from B&B. TSN usually runs 3-4X B&B. I understand that many who follow Paladin Shaving go directly to our site rather than following the links we post, but I'd expect the same to be true, more or less proportionally, across the boards. I hardly ever post outside of vendors' sections on any of the boards, and release notices are just about always identical. I did not post the HNB LE photos (See 2018 release announcements) on either TSN or DFS today.

So what explains this? B&B has far more members and greater posting volume. I have a lot more history here than anywhere else. What should I be doing differently? When I've raised this question in the past, a suggestion was to post more substantively (talk about knots, etc.). But I've tried that. Nothing over the course of the past two years has gained much traction. And at the end of the day, I have to allocate limited time on the basis of results. As far as I can tell, there is a very, very small audience here.

This isn't coming from any kind of attitude. I'd just like to know who is paying attention and what anyone might suggest.

Last edited:
That indeed is an inexplicable question... especially considering that, as you point out, B&B is far 'bigger' than other sites...

Obviously, it's true many of us will go to your site directly... but still...

A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma...

Suggestions? Other than discussing everything 'Paladin brushes'? Hmmm...

B&B May be larger, but in some ways it’s more diffuse. Much wider range of interests, sensibilities, and investment. Probably a much, much higher percentage of new and beginning shavers. Beginners are not usually in the market for a high end brush, at least not immediately.

I’ve spent little time on the other sites, but they pop up in google searches. Perhaps more concentrated on the high end than B&B. Multiple members with multiple Wolfman’s. I can only think of a couple guys here with more than one. Indicates more disposable income devoted towards shaving.

Maybe... That percentage of beginners might explain it... and their income... but still... beginners tend to be anxious about new hobbies (don't ask...)...

Top Bottom