What's new

Paladin Pickle Barrel

Have a Falstaff in Lime (with the new knot) on the way, should be a beauty!

IMG_1328.JPG
IMG_1329.JPG

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
My God when were those released. Those look incredible!

They were exactly released.

We just finally landed some more Ebonite a few weeks ago. We've been sitting on a small quantity since mid-last year, but decided not to offer any brushes with Ebonite handles unless/until we were confident we could get more. There's a long story connected to all this that's best not told here.

Jorge requested an Ebonite-handled brush back when we were soliciting requests (i.e., first half of 2015). He has dogged me for one -- and I've been putting him off (along with a few others) -- ever since. We ended up working out a trade for the two he posted above. Both handles were turned around mid-last year. We just banked them.

I have some promises to keep before we start offering Ebonite-handled brushes again. The only ones we've sold to date (less than a handful) were purchased in early 2015.

Also, I want to complete a significant upgrade of our dust-collection system before I start turning Ebonite handles again in significant numbers. "Significant" in this context means something like 6-12 per month. I don't anticipate producing more than than a dozen a month on average. And we'll only do it for as long as it works out for us.

We haven't decided how we'll go about offering Ebonite-handled brushes. I don't think it will be the same as what we're doing with the brushes we're currently selling.

I'll post more on this topic fairly soon.

They were exactly released.

We just finally landed some more Ebonite a few weeks ago. We've been sitting on a small quantity since mid-last year, but decided not to offer any brushes with Ebonite handles unless/until we were confident we could get more. There's a long story connected to all this that's best not told here.

Jorge requested an Ebonite-handled brush back when we were soliciting requests (i.e., first half of 2015). He has dogged me for one -- and I've been putting him off (along with a few others) -- ever since. We ended up working out a trade for the two he posted above. Both handles were turned around mid-last year. We just banked them.

I have some promises to keep before we start offering Ebonite-handled brushes again. The only ones we've sold to date (less than a handful) were purchased in early 2015.

Also, I want to complete a significant upgrade of our dust-collection system before I start turning Ebonite handles again in significant numbers. "Significant" in this context means something like 6-12 per month. I don't anticipate producing more than than a dozen a month on average. And we'll only do it for as long as it works out for us.

We haven't decided how we'll go about offering Ebonite-handled brushes. I don't think it will be the same as what we're doing with the brushes we're currently selling.

I'll post more on this topic fairly soon.

Got it. You always come out with some show pieces. Keep up the good work. I saw those jack-o-lantern brushes on your Facebook page, really cool. When I saw them I thought, you should do some ghost brushes in all white.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Got it. You always come out with some show pieces. Keep up the good work. I saw those jack-o-lantern brushes on your Facebook page, really cool. When I saw them I thought, you should do some ghost brushes in all white.

There's an idea!

Ebonite, resin, horn, wood...ever think about metals like say, aluminum, brass, or copper?
Actually I just found a piece of kirinite that I would really like to see as razor scales. Could that or acrylester work well (hypothetically) as brush handles?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ebonite, resin, horn, wood...ever think about metals like say, aluminum, brass, or copper?
Actually I just found a piece of kirinite that I would really like to see as razor scales. Could that or acrylester work well (hypothetically) as brush handles?

Haven't heard of acrylester. Kinite I've asked about. Don't remember exactly what put me off of it, so maybe I should ask again.

I had a brass-handled brush once. About 35 years ago. My wife bought it for me. I remember it being ridiculously heavy. Could easily do aluminum. It would be a bit more of a pain to work with.

I am kind of surprised that Paladin hasn't ever come out with some sort of stand for their brushes that could be purchased separately

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I am kind of surprised that Paladin hasn't ever come out with some sort of stand for their brushes that could be purchased separately

It's a good idea, but there's only so much we can do, and so far making brushes has been the highest and best use of our time and efforts. Soaps were a good idea too, but they turned out to be a distraction.

FWIW, I don't use brush stands. That's not a reason not to make them, but I've never given them much thought.

Finally, my shop is set up to turn handles. Our lathes are metal lathes. No jig saws, no routers, no woodworking tools, other than a radial-arm saw I don't use since we picked up a Kalamazoo chop saw.

Top Bottom