What's new

Paladin brush - Differences?

Hi All,

I am in the market for a Paladin badger. I saw couple of post on the BST section and i am getting a deal on them.

I checked out their site and I was left quite confused as to which one to choose and more importantly, the difference between each brush

Is it safe to assume that quality of badger in all their brushes is the same and the only difference is the knot size, loft and more importantly , the handle?

Also, are they as good as Simpson / Shavemac silvertip badger? I am assuming the badger hair used by Paladin is comparable to the highest quality used by Simpson / Shavemac. Is this is a fair assumption?

Hi All,

I am in the market for a Paladin badger. I saw couple of post on the BST section and i am getting a deal on them.

I checked out their site and I was left quite confused as to which one to choose and more importantly, the difference between each brush

Is it safe to assume that quality of badger in all their brushes is the same and the only difference is the knot size, loft and more importantly , the handle?

Also, are they as good as Simpson / Shavemac silvertip badger? I am assuming the badger hair used by Paladin is comparable to the highest quality used by Simpson / Shavemac. Is this is a fair assumption?
Not comparable, but better.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I have a dozen+ Paladins, all new purchases over the last 5+ years. I can honestly say that, while I don't think they are BETTER than the best Simpson or Shavemac brushes, they are every bit as good. Both on build & knot quality. If you find a handle that you like, you WILL get an excellent brush, second to none.

Last edited:
I just picked up my only Paladin from BST with a 2CLNK7 knot. One thing you'll notice studying the knot codes is recent batches are treated to have some degree of gel-tips. This batch is suppose to be conservatively bleached compared to other batches. If you like this sort of shave then I'd say from my sample of one, Paladin brushes excel. If not then there's better options out there. Good luck on your new acquisitions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom