What's new

Paging Crackster

Heya,

Jeff, in the archives I read a post in which you mention that you shop at a store in Montreal that carries "all sorts of goodies" for wet-shavers. Care to reveal its name and location? I've been trying to track down a wet-shave Mecca with little success.

Thanks,

Scott

DemocritusJr said:
Heya,

Jeff, in the archives I read a post in which you mention that you shop at a store in Montreal that carries "all sorts of goodies" for wet-shavers. Care to reveal its name and location? I've been trying to track down a wet-shave Mecca with little success.

Thanks,

Scott

pm sent

btw - welcome :badger:

Hi Scott, the name of this place is called Vasco's. This store carries tons of Proraso, DR Harris, and some brands like Kent, Caswell-Massey, etc, but they don't seem to bring in the stuff I really like such as Arko or Taylors. On the other hand, they carry a lot of the fragrances I wear, like Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, and so on. They also sell straight razors and DE's. It's a pretty good store located on Ste-Catherine West right near Ogilvy's.

Jeff

Y'know, I used to go in there a lot back when one could still buy Davidoff cigarettes in this city, and even recently stood at their razor counter poking through the straights, DEs and brushes. Apparently what I'd failed to do was take note of the wall directly opposite that counter. Thanks for pointing it out. I've already stopped in and found a plethora of tempting products, including some I just had a relative send from Germany. I suspect I'll be frequenting the place again.

-S

Geez, wouldn't it be nice if every town had a little wet shaving store where you could just go and browse?

Maybe, after all the 7 and 8 blade shaving systems of the future make more and more shavers look for a better option, and wet shaving enters a Renaissance of sorts, then there will be a sound business model for that.

Dare to dream.

Peace,

Pierre

Top Bottom