What's new

Pacquiao v. Margarito

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Mayweather must be the best boxer ever!!

I mean, you're supposed to duck the punches thrown at you, right? Well, he ducked every single one, in just one move. Daaaaayyyaaanngg!!!

manny all the way, i seriously doubt he has ever taken ped's before.

he has every right not to take blood tests before a fight, going into a fight with someone like mayweather you need all your focus and some people get queesy after giving blood and it might weaken them physically and mentally.

my only question is how much his political life has taken his will, desire and focus?

God bless you manny, one of the greatest fighters ever and a wonderful man.

On the Manny PED issue, only a few people know for sure. I certainly hope that he hasn't, because that might be a disastrous blow for boxing. The sport is already in disrepair because some fighters *ahem* are ducking others. But, with Mayweather now potentially facing legal troubles over a spat with his ex he may need the payday that Manny can provide.

And speaking of fighters ducking....I've always had a lot of respect for Miguel Cotto for seemingly never ducking anyone. Of course, at 154 now, I don't want to say that he's ducking anyone because he has earned the benefit of the doubt, but he does seem to be being a bit cautious. I still think he would have destroyed Chavez Jr. Now that's a guy that is ducking/being protected. More likely the latter.

And to totally derail the thread...thoughts on Amir Khan? Personally, I think that's a guy that has been completely protected.

Thought I would give this thread a bump now that the first two episodes of 24/7 are out. HBO, either by reality or editing, has shown that Pacquiao's camp is in disarray while Margarito's camp seems to be very, very focused on the task at hand. Has this managed to sway anyone's thoughts on the fight?

I think when it comes fight night, Manny will still be too fast and have too much energy to let Margarito begin to suffocate him. But, the comments coming out of the Pacquiao camp are a little disconcerting.

I figured out the disconnect. Alessio Sakara had to pull out of his UFC fight today due to flu. There was talk of the Pacquiao fight before hand and the messages got muddled up.

Pacquiao "Dominated". This is what has made boxing boring to me over the years. He wins 8-10 rds depending on the judge by a whopping one point and "dominates" the fight. :sleep: Don't get me wrong its no different when an MMA fighter does just enough for 3-5rds to outpoint his opponent by one point per rd.

I was quite happy to see Margarito get thoroughly beaten. I though the first two rounds were well-contested, but the body shot in the third really seemed to take all the steam out of Margarito. From that point on he was hunched over a bit more, and then just became a punching bag.

More interesting to me was Freddie Roach later saying how poor Margarito's corner was for not stopping the fight earlier, and putting Margarito at risk of career-threatening injuries.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Really - was there ever any serious doubt as to what the outcome of this contest was going to be?

Top Bottom