What's new

Paco Rabanne - Rediscovering an old love from my youth

I used to put this on in my early twenties and feel like I could get all the girls (I couldn't). I just bought a new bottle yesterday and it's as wonderful now as it was back then. Anybody else love this scent?

PacoRabanne.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do! I love all the classics and this is one of the few that seems as good today as it did back then. New formulation Kouros and Drakkar Noir for example seem much weaker now than I remember. Great choice 👍

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Is this an aftershave? How would you describe the scent? I remember the name I think. But never tried it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Is this an aftershave? How would you describe the scent? I remember the name I think. But never tried it.
Classic fougere, much like Brut.

@Peyk , that is the classic 80s scent for me - but I didn't wear it! 🤣 My best friend drenched himself in it and was always offering it. I thought it gave me a headache.

🤔 Now I really like both the modern and vintage versions.

AA

This one is an aftershave lotion. You can get it splash too. I don't think you can get it in balm though. At least I haven't found one.

I'm not good at describing scents, but as Mr. Ad Astra said: It's very 80s :)

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Great stuff, used it since the late 1970's. :thumbup1:
I'm currently out of the aftershave but I have some older EdT in house.

I used to put this on in my early twenties and feel like I could get all the girls (I couldn't). I just bought a new bottle yesterday and it's as wonderful now as it was back then.
but the question we all want the answer too..... how about the girls these days after you have used it? ;-)

but the question we all want the answer too..... how about the girls these days after you have used it? ;-)

Unfortunately, I am now an old, married man. However, I'm sure if I wore my Paco Rabanne and my George Clooney smile, girls of all ages would be on me like cats on a can of tuna. But I am not going to test it. Right now my wife reluctantly accepts that I fill the bathroom with soaps and razors. I better not provoke her.

One of the only classic scents I can stand! PR fragrances in general are all right up my alley if I'm being honest. They show their age but not overly so. I just wish they made it like shaving brands make AS and dial down the alcohol and mix in some witch hazel and aloe.

80s fougere (much like brut) but to me its basically the perfect in between of brut, polo green and gucci envy with an aquatic undertone (closer to a creed aquatic than davidoff). Fresh and crisp (and without that weird 'sweat' smell that some fougeres like brut give off).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
80s fougere (much like brut) but to me its basically the perfect in between of brut, polo green and gucci envy with an aquatic undertone (closer to a creed aquatic than davidoff). Fresh and crisp (and without that weird 'sweat' smell that some fougeres like brut give off).
Sounds like it’s worth a try.

oh yes, must have been one of my first more expensive bottles. Before they turned to PR green that was. Guess I wore it on my wedding day.

Some scents are classic for a reason and this is one of them. I have a bottle of the EdT and AS that still get used semi-monthly. One of my all time favorites.

marty

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just bought a 6.8 oz bottle of EDT at a warehouse club that starts and ends with an "s".....

Wunnerful stuff, though I have no idea how it compares to the original version.

Reminds me of a stronger type of vintage Avon "Blend 7"....

Top Bottom