What's new

Packing small amounts of cream?

When taking short trips (1 or 2 nights) I like to pack as minimally as possible. I was thinking of putting my shaving cream in a small Ziploc bag instead of carrying the whole tube. Has anyone tried this or have other ideas?

I just save the sample containers I get from other shaving creams and then reuse them. A QCS container can hold enough cream for about a week.

I just throw my tube of Proraso in------doesn't take much space, especially once it's mostly rolled up ! Alternatively, I have used those little screw-top plastic containers from Target to hold a tablespoon or so of SC as well.

U can also get a small Rubbermade plastic container or place it in a shot glass & cover it up with Saran wrap.

WARHAWK

Hit up the travel section at Walmart near the hair brushes and you can get 2of the clear 2oz plastic screw top jars for $1.00

If you have any old film canisters, just put a little in there and seal it up, use a spoon or popsicle stick or something to shovel it out when you need it

you can get one of those 7-day pill boxes from any drugstore ... each day's box will hold about a Tbsp. of cream, enough for 2 or 3 shaves. http://www.amazon.com/EZY-Dose-Jumb...37JP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335914516&sr=8-2

I just save my used-up tubes of cream when I get replacements ... roll 'em up and they don't use much space or weight, and you can always get a few more shaves out of it no matter how 'empty' it is.

The suggestion to carry sample sizes is good ... but you're at the mercy of whatever brands you can find that are already packaged as samples. I prefer to use my regular software rather than rely on a retailer to choose them for me.

here is the best travel/camping packets going. each packet is good for 2 good quality shaves and comes with the matching ASB

http://www.truefittandhill.com/items_37.html

$10103_detail.jpg

I just save the sample containers I get from other shaving creams and then reuse them. A QCS container can hold enough cream for about a week.

+1, I saved the largest sample container I got from Garry's Sample Shop and filled it with some Trumper's rose shave cream for my last trip, though I also brought along an Arko shave stick.

I use the sample containers or small sized pill boxes. Container store is good for this sort of thing. I recently picked up some GoToob silicone soft bottles. (http://humangear.com/GoToob.html) I found the small size at Target and it works pretty well with my Proraso.

Aren't tubes already meant to be for travel?

Originally yes. Nowadays with the 100ml limit on creams implemented in many countries for carry-on luggage many larger tubes cannot be used for travel (without paying $35 to check a bag). DE blades are also an issue with TSA.

My $.02 - have you ever seen/used the small "single serving" jelly/jam containers? That's what I use. Yes, they are glass...so is my cologne and I've never had either break when traveling. Clean them out, remove the label and pack em full! Mine is small and I can pack enough cream in them to last 7 days/daily shaves. They will stay relatively air tight to eliminate any drying out (like a pill container may) and you won't end up wasting any (like you may in a plastic bottle that can't fully squeeze out). After you eat what comes in them, THEY ARE FREE!

+1 GoToob is sure proud of their containers. $7 for a 1.25oz container? Ouch!

Last edited:
Top Bottom