What's new

Package opening post or Discussion with my wife today:

Wife: what are those ?
me: blades , razor blades .. [ starts telling a boring story on trying to order one but ending up with three ]
Wife: interrupts .. then pauses ..

Wife (quips): How long exactly are you planning on being alive?

me: o_O

I guess I’m accidentally almost in your 1000blade purchase club?

Attachments

• 2635297B-0A4E-41FF-B833-5D8D2C53AF82.jpeg
    2635297B-0A4E-41FF-B833-5D8D2C53AF82.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
That looks like about fifteen years worth. Just counting the Wizamets, that is.

Was your wife offering to help speed you along? Or just suggesting there might be a small hoarding problem?
:laugh:

I do go through them quicker but I also think using any blade less than 4 times feels a bit wasteful.. The feathers feel like they dull relatively quickly (so that 1/2 week 4 day cut off seems okay) - and conversely - I do get (but do not understand) the idea that some of these blades feel better a bit after day 1 (those O'clock blades feel that way to me) and for blades like that I do feel like one should use it until it just feels "different" (or bored?)

It is a bit ludicrous to have 750 blades ..(and I have a fair number of 100 packs all of which I like except for derby extra) 250 is a bit excessive but that was originally how they were sold and 750 is clearly a bit excessive.

[The boring story is I ordered one 250 sleeve, thought it got lost in the mail, and Wizashave agreed to mail 2 from the US stash if I ordered an extra, and then all 3 showed up at once (so I paypaled an extra payment to him) ].

Somewhat weirdly though I have a number of blades and razors .. my favorite is still just the r89 with an astra sp ... so I am a hoarder with pedestrian tastes apparently!!

if I die before my wife, I've let it be known I'll haunt her in the most annoying way possible so its all good :)

Wife: what are those ?
me: blades , razor blades .. [ starts telling a boring story on trying to order one but ending up with three ]
Wife: interrupts .. then pauses ..

Wife (quips): How long exactly are you planning on being alive?

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: That is too darn funny!!!

Well I don’t especially hoard blades but SWMBO frequently gives me pellets for feeding my soap addiction. That always includes the quip . How long you expecting to live for?.

This is disturbing as my soap hoard consists of 3 pucks of SV triple mulled soap which will last 3 years.

Yet I gaze in wonder at herselfs part of the dresser with 70 odd bottles of perfume worth something like 3000 UK pounds.

This causes me to reflect on the meaning of life, equality and just whether or not SWMBO knows something I don’t

SIGH next time I’ll hide my excessive purchase.

Top Bottom