What's new

Package opening post or Discussion with my wife today:

Well I don’t especially hoard blades but SWMBO frequently gives me pellets for feeding my soap addiction. That always includes the quip . How long you expecting to live for?.

This is disturbing as my soap hoard consists of 3 pucks of SV triple mulled soap which will last 3 years.

Yet I gaze in wonder at herselfs part of the dresser with 70 odd bottles of perfume worth something like 3000 UK pounds.

This causes me to reflect on the meaning of life, equality and just whether or not SWMBO knows something I don’t

SIGH next time I’ll hide my excessive purchase.
When I was young there was a huge dresser in the bathroom with perfume in crystal bottles with rubber bulbs. Maybe she can upgrade to crystal!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The important thing is to stay on a double-edged safety razor kick for a while now. Maybe it’ll be an R89 or AS-D2 most times and a daring R41 once in a while or maybe you’ll nab a Blackland Tradere or Wolfman WR something, but stick to the DE kick.

The important thing is to stay on a double-edged safety razor kick for a while now. Maybe it’ll be an R89 or AS-D2 most times and a daring R41 once in a while or maybe you’ll nab a Blackland Tradere or Wolfman WR something, but stick to the DE kick.

It is interesting you say that..

I have been pretty good about the single razor / single cream (less good about single blades clearly) for the last 4-5 months and basically got it to a stage w/ no irritation no knicks but 2 weeks ago I did a single revisit of the fusion pro glide taking all these OCD techniques (and OCD preshave/cream/brush etc) and applying it to the fusion cartridges (feeling my face on each pass).

The difference w/ the fusions is you do really apply pressure Pass 1 was about as good my last pass w/ DE and by pass 3 (WTG/XTG/ATG) my face was on fire but I realized (for the first time) what you guys meant by BBS. That actually empirically reset the bar - that is my question then became using a DE, can one replicate 3 pass fusion w/out the irritation? That goal actually reset the improvement as I realized you can walk towards that w/ far less irritation by just treating different parts of your face a bit differently (so for me the hard to shave stubble is less irritation prone so is tolerant to pressure in a way the rest of my face isn't ). It sounds obvious retrospectively but having the 5 blade cartridge as the sanity check actually helps me as a comparator.

I completely finished the CF btw am using AoS/Cream (Tub) now and it seems a bit easier to use in my mind (a bit less slick perhaps)

The R41 and I are incompatible to be honest..

Regards
Avi

thombrogan

I have been pretty good about the single razor / single cream (less good about single blades clearly) for the last 4-5 months and basically got it to a stage w/ no irritation no knicks

Excellent! Has the chin stopped showing your Mühle skinner blues?

I‘m a spazzoid still chasing stuff past my skill level, but I think I’m getting close.

I realized you can walk towards that w/ far less irritation by just treating different parts of your face a bit differently

In reading other folks’ posts here, I’ve seen that. Some doing one to two passes on most places except problem spots like the Soul patch or the like.

It sounds obvious retrospectively

You’re probably wicked smart, though. It took changing razor, blade, and technique for me to figure the whiskers on the corners of my mouth are on the thicc side and sprout from pressure sensitive capillary patches that change their triggers.

I completely finished the CF btw am using AoS/Cream (Tub) now and it seems a bit easier to use in my mind (a bit less slick perhaps)

A few drops of glycerin makes all creams and soaps slicker.

The R41 and I are incompatible to be honest..

Haven’t tried mine in months. My 89-clone has a surprising amount of blade exposure if I get that urge again.

I bought 1000 Shark Super Chromes recently for $50. They seem to work very well for me and the fact that they aren’t expensive is a feature, not a bug.

Hiking boots? Do I look like a tree-hugger to you?
Growing up in the deserts of New Mexico and Nevada, I could recommend some decent hikes in areas that don't have a single tree in site for miles. Though for most, I'd suggest hiking them in the winter. Otherwise you'd be praying for a tree to hug for some shade.

@thombrogan I think unless we are teenagers .. I think scars don't really disappear, they just fade away over time.

Actually yesterday my wife was watching me shave - providing the requisite snarky commentary - but near the end I asked do you want to try this? To which the answer was surprisingly positive in the sense of perking her interest (I think she likes the aesthetic more than anything to be honest).

Though it did bring up the "is it safe, I did see the bloodletting when you first tried this" (w/ aforementioned scarification friendly r41)

Anyway may need to buy more blades clearly ;)

thombrogan

Actually yesterday my wife was watching me shave - providing the requisite snarky commentary - but near the end I asked do you want to try this? To which the answer was surprisingly positive in the sense of perking her interest (I think she likes the aesthetic more than anything to be honest).

Obviously, since @RenoRichard first mentioned sharing your safety razor journey with your bride; and Shane mentioned they’re starting to ship on his company’s Facebook page; a dedicated Tradere for Mrs. Avi seems right.

Top Bottom