What's new

Package coming from Razorplate.com

I had Chris at Razorplate.com fix up another 3 vintage razors with some new nickel plating. A Gem Damaskeene, Fatboy, and a Slim are all shiny as new, maybe more so…. Anyhow, the razors are on their way back to me. Chris sent some great photos, as he usually does, just to get me really excited. I thought I’d share them. He does such nice work.

9F51909B-DC54-42BD-91D2-B478100736FF.jpeg
A3F64ED4-7AD9-4E5E-91D7-E7E2CD260456.jpeg
EE4998E7-D600-47A4-A80D-DB464C1BEC11.jpeg
A2E79D2C-E915-4A3A-A5C8-4B17685CACA7.jpeg
6F556B0E-AF58-498D-B089-96A23A0404CD.jpeg
CEBA82C3-D5CE-47E5-BB6D-5388A41CDC56.jpeg
59F5AD85-97E0-4BE9-AC3E-EDA56956D1A5.jpeg
You
Best Wishes,
Brian

Definitely first-rate work! It's always a thrill to get a razor in the mail after some work. How is his pricing and what is the usual turnaround time?

Definitely first-rate work! It's always a thrill to get a razor in the mail after some work. How is his pricing and what is the usual turnaround time?
I believe it is $55 to have a razor nickel plated. He really does a nice job cleaning up imperfections. He cannot make a heavy gouge or severe pitting look perfect, but if you send him a decent specimen, it will look spectacular. My Gem was a little rough on the cap.

His wait time varies. I have had many razors done over the years. Usually, he will tell you when to send them to him and then he will get them done in a month or six weeks depending on how many you send him and the complexity of the razors. I usually send 3-4 at a time. I don’t know how fast he could do one…. It is his hobby, not his career. Always quality work though. I have never tried anyone else.

The Damaskeene is my favorite GEM razor. And now you show me this, and I think my razor will want the spa treatment now! Beautiful job on all!

I had Chris at Razorplate.com fix up another 3 vintage razors with some new nickel plating. A Gem Damaskeene, Fatboy, and a Slim are all shiny as new, maybe more so…. Anyhow, the razors are on their way back to me. Chris sent some great photos, as he usually does, just to get me really excited. I thought I’d share them. He does such nice work.

View attachment 1468131View attachment 1468132View attachment 1468133View attachment 1468135View attachment 1468136View attachment 1468137View attachment 1468138You
Best Wishes,
Brian

Stunning! - Chris does amazing work!!

So far, from what I see and hear, Chris is THE go-to guy for getting re-plating done. Over the years I've had a number of re-plating jobs done with mixed results, some very good and some...not so much. Chris has really established himself as a dependable, quality driven vendor, with a very acceptable turn around as to time required to do the job.

So far, from what I see and hear, Chris is THE go-to guy for getting re-plating done. Over the years I've had a number of re-plating jobs done with mixed results, some very good and some...not so much. Chris has really established himself as a dependable, quality driven vendor, with a very acceptable turn around as to time required to do the job.
I have not used anyone else so I can’t comment on how he compares, but I can tell you that he will make things right. He can’t fix certain damage but he can often minimize it.

He can only do certain single edge razors. Usually the old ones. I think it has to do with the handle material or something like that. I do not believe he does rhodium anymore due to cost constraints.

I had him do several ball end handled razors a few years ago. Gillette News in long and short comb. After about a year, I noticed that one of the handles had a spot that the plating was wearing off. It was tiny but I contacted him and within a couple weeks I had it back and it was perfect. Great customer service.

Top Bottom