What's new

Pack of 50 brand new Gillette Silver Blue definitely makes me happy!

Friends, after 3 month long wait finally the day is here, got brand new 50 Gillette Silver Blue blades today delivered. Had been looking forward to use them for a long time and the price of delivery including shipping customers etc. is pretty high for delivery in India.

Thanks to desertcart.in to ensure delivery in such testing timelines. Will post my experience on SOTD thread posting using the blade tomorrow.

A266C769-93EA-43F6-9C25-B79562832D49.jpeg

They are great blades.
You should also try the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades which I hear are excellent and made in India. Not sure how the price compares to the GSBs.
View attachment 1142543
Yes I love the Gillette blacks as well. The 100 pack costs less than 10 dollars in India. These are fantastic blades, very smooth and yet pretty sharp. I easily get 5-6 shaves with them.

Had heard a lot about GSBs and was looking forward to use them. Got them shipped from US and paid around 16 dollars including shipping and duties.

Last edited:
The GSBs and Indian Blacks are very similar to me with the GSBs being just a hair more comfortable. If you like the Blacks I think you'll definitely enjoy the GSBs.
Thanks, yes I love the Gillette blacks, very smooth and perfect sharpness. I got interested on GSBs after reading a lot of good reviews and watch ping a lot of vlogs of YouTube Shaving channel owners. Though haven’t used before but I too believe GSB will be a tad smoother than Gillette blacks!

Have you used the other variants of Gillette like the yellow sharpedge or the Platinum? Also I hear Nacet blades pretty sharp like Feather?

Thanks OP, you just cost me $20 as I ordered 100. 😝

I don’t need more blades as I have tons of different brands (almost 2000 total blades), but I really do like GSBs and realized I only had 9 left.

Enjoy. They are one of the best of the dozens of different blades I have tried for sure!

Thanks, yes I love the Gillette blacks, very smooth and perfect sharpness. I got interested on GSBs after reading a lot of good reviews and watch ping a lot of vlogs of YouTube Shaving channel owners. Though haven’t used before but I too believe GSB will be a tad smoother than Gillette blacks!

Have you used the other variants of Gillette like the yellow sharpedge or the Platinum? Also I hear Nacet blades pretty sharp like Feather?
I've used the following Gillette blades ( in no certain order )

7 O'clock Permasharp ( Green package made in India )
7 O'clock Super Stainless ( Green package made in Russia )
7 O'clock SharpEdge ( Yellow package made in Russia )
7 O'clock Super Platinum ( Black package made in India )
7 O'clock Super Platinum ( Blue package made in Russia out of production )
Gillette Nacet ( made in Russia )
Gillette Platinum ( White wrappers w/dark blue lettering made in Russia )
Gillette Silver Blues ( White wrappers made in Russia )
Gillette Wilkinson Swords ( made in China )

All provide excellent shaves, and at times I'd be hard-pressed to differentiate between them all. The Blacks, Yellows, GSBs, and oddly enough the Chinese Wilkies are among my favorite blades in milder razors. I need to revisit the Nacet as I've only used 1 blade from the tuck I purchased so I don't have a strong feeling about it beyond it was definitely very sharp and I could feel it. No mishaps and I've run into far worse blade experiences, but I also haven't felt an urge to retry them. I think if you like really sharp blades ( which I don't really ) the Nacets would be up your alley.

I've used the following Gillette blades ( in no certain order )

7 O'clock Permasharp ( Green package made in India )
7 O'clock Super Stainless ( Green package made in Russia )
7 O'clock SharpEdge ( Yellow package made in Russia )
7 O'clock Super Platinum ( Black package made in India )
7 O'clock Super Platinum ( Blue package made in Russia out of production )
Gillette Nacet ( made in Russia )
Gillette Platinum ( White wrappers w/dark blue lettering made in Russia )
Gillette Silver Blues ( White wrappers made in Russia )
Gillette Wilkinson Swords ( made in China )

All provide excellent shaves, and at times I'd be hard-pressed to differentiate between them all. The Blacks, Yellows, GSBs, and oddly enough the Chinese Wilkies are among my favorite blades in milder razors. I need to revisit the Nacet as I've only used 1 blade from the tuck I purchased so I don't have a strong feeling about it beyond it was definitely very sharp and I could feel it. No mishaps and I've run into far worse blade experiences, but I also haven't felt an urge to retry them. I think if you like really sharp blades ( which I don't really ) the Nacets would be up your alley.
You must try the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword then. Again very smooth and perfect sharpness, they give me at least 4 good shaves per blade. They are smoother than the Gillette Permasharp greens and pack of 100 cost you around 3.5 Dollars in India. I have used only 3 variants of Gillette so far: the black ones, the permasharp Indian greens and the Indian Wilkinson Sword. Would be using the 4th variant of Gillette the GSBs today.

Thanks OP, you just cost me $20 as I ordered 100. 😝

I don’t need more blades as I have tons of different brands (almost 2000 total blades), but I really do like GSBs and realized I only had 9 left.

Enjoy. They are one of the best of the dozens of different blades I have tried for sure!
Thank you 😊 will be using the blades for my shave today in next one hour or so! Damn excited.

I have 200 of the Silver Blue blades currently in stock. To me these are the finest Gillette blades.
I too have heard that these are the smoothest. Till date the smoothest blades were Gillette blacks but I am looking forward to GSBs superseding them

I have 200 of the Silver Blue blades currently in stock. To me these are the finest Gillette blades.
Best blades of all the blades I’ve tried. I currently have about 385 of them in stock. I’ll try other blades from time to time but I keep coming back to my GSBs

Best blades of all the blades I’ve tried. I currently have about 385 of them in stock. I’ll try other blades from time to time but I keep coming back to my GSBs
Used GSBs for the first time today, and yes they superseded the experience with Gillette blacks made in India. So GSBs are the smoothest till date followed by Gillette blacks. On first day use as well GSBs proved to be smoothest toppling Parker Premium Platinum & Astra SPs.

Top Bottom