What's new

Pacific shaving co.

I saw this stuff in save mart today and decided to give it a try as an experiment. Its meant to be lathered in your hand but I used a badger brush and a lather bowl anyway. Since i had never heard of it before I didn't expect much from it and I got not too great results. It didn't have much cushion compared to my barrister and Mann latha soap although it did seem to be reasonably slick. It seemed to be very light and airy and didn't really thicken up much with further swirling. The scent I would describe as fruity and sweet and is a tad too feminine for me but, it was not a strong scent and mostly washed off with the cream. Still got a decent shave despite the cream though that might just have been because of the new blade in my razor.
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Ive used their caffeinated shave cream before and liked it. I used it brushless and with a brush and got good shaves with it either way.
I wouldnt expect it to compete with an artisan soap, simply because its not on a artisan level

Ive used their caffeinated shave cream before and liked it. I used it brushless and with a brush and got good shaves with it either way.
I wouldnt expect it to compete with an artisan soap, simply because its not on a artisan level
Yep for what it is it didn't do too bad I don't expect much from a save mart cream or soap.

I use the Natural version in my soap/cream rotation. Like you, I lather it with water and a brush before application. It is certainly not as good as my best creams and soaps; but if I get the right amount of water, it gives a decent shave. When the tube is empty, I doubt I will replace it, but that is because there are so many other products out there that I would like to try. My shaving cabinet is full, so I have to use up some current products before trying new ones.

For someone who does not want to spend a lot on shaving cream, it is a decent product.

Yep for what it is it didn't do too bad I don't expect much from a save mart cream or soap.

I wouldnt go that far. Theres actually some quite good soaps that you can get in big box stores, such as VDH soap and the Cremo lathering puck.
IMO, Pacific is what it is supposed to be: a good brushless cream. If you used it with your hands and expect decent slickness and a thin cushion, its good stuff. If you want voluminous cushion and great face feel like an artisan soap, youll probably be disappointed.
I personally like Pacific for traveling because its a small enough size that TSA isnt going to fuss over it but its still better than packing a travel size can of foam. For me, it will work when I fly but its not going to replace hard soaps as my daily driver. It is what it is.

Thank you for the review. I've bought the Caffeinated version at Rite Aid and really liked it, but haven't seen any of the Pacific Shaving Company creams the last couple of times I've been there. I hadn't thought to check Save Mart. I did a little grocery shopping there yesterday and checked the shaving section. Sure enough, the Pacific Shaving Company Natural cream was there, as well as their shaving oil, but not the caffeinated cream.

You might like the caffeinated cream more, since it's not sold as a low lather cream, and I get a nice thick lather from it when I use a brush. The fragrance is a straight up spearmint, like Wrigley's spearmint gum. I don't know of a store local to me that currently carries it, but if you happen to see it, I would recommend giving it a try.

I haven't tried the Natural (non-caffeinated) cream yet, but I might get some for travel, when I don't bring a brush anyway.

The Caffeinated version is at Target as well. I prefer the Natural for its post shave feel. The first ingredient is Aloe juice and seems to make a difference. If you get into Canada occasionally, I think I prefer the Nivea, but the Caffeinated is widely available, and is a good size for travel.

If you get into Canada occasionally, I think I prefer the Nivea....
Nivea was available in the US until fairly recently (as you probably already knew), and coincidentally I opened my last tube of it just this week. Good cream.

Thought I'd add my thoughts on their regular shaving cream (not caffeinated) - it works, both brushless and with a brush. Seems reasonably slick and protective. Scent is lemon sorbet-ish (I like it a lot), but not very strong.

Overall, a nice travel option and seems reasonably priced for a cream.

Thought I'd add my thoughts on their regular shaving cream (not caffeinated) - it works, both brushless and with a brush. Seems reasonably slick and protective. Scent is lemon sorbet-ish (I like it a lot), but not very strong.

Overall, a nice travel option and seems reasonably priced for a cream.
I really like the scent, too. And, as you mentioned, it makes a nice travel cream.

Also, I find that it makes a nice complement to Williams. I squirt some regular PSC and a bit of Nivea Sensitive ASB into the mug and the resulting mixture lathers nicely and has a soothing feel.

This was my cream when I first switched to DE along with the blue Nivea, both readily available at retail here. I liked it a lot and love spearmint. I've turned my kiddo on to this and it's his favorite (well, one of the original or caffeinated...can't recall).

Thank you for the review. I've bought the Caffeinated version at Rite Aid and really liked it, but haven't seen any of the Pacific Shaving Company creams the last couple of times I've been there. I hadn't thought to check Save Mart. I did a little grocery shopping there yesterday and checked the shaving section. Sure enough, the Pacific Shaving Company Natural cream was there, as well as their shaving oil, but not the caffeinated cream.

You might like the caffeinated cream more, since it's not sold as a low lather cream, and I get a nice thick lather from it when I use a brush. The fragrance is a straight up spearmint, like Wrigley's spearmint gum. I don't know of a store local to me that currently carries it, but if you happen to see it, I would recommend giving it a try.

I haven't tried the Natural (non-caffeinated) cream yet, but I might get some for travel, when I don't bring a brush anyway.
Target sells it.

I do not know if the formula has changed from few years ago.

I purchased the Natural Shaving Cream recently and I have tried it few times, including this morning.

I think it is an excellent cream and it lathers very well. I put the cream on my skin, and distribute it over the cheeks and neck and then I start lathering. I start with a wet brush, after shaking off ALL water. Then I dip the tips of the brush adding water little by little and keep lathering. I always end up with a very think protective lather, not light or airy at all.
The soaps that I use are mainly Stirling, Saponificio Varesino, Barrister & Mann, and this cream is absolutely comparable in performance during the shave. This morning I could not stop painting my face so good it felt.
I did not have great expectations but I am actually super impressed.

However the shave cream performs or not - I absolutely love their caffeinated after shave!
It's my daily go to.

It's good stuff for sure as far as creams go.
I actually started using thier products when I was still using a cartridge, but switching over to DE it still provided great protection during and post shave feel is great.
If I was told I only had one or two creams to ever use again, this would be a top contender.

Top Bottom