What's new

Pacific Shaving CAFFEINATED Aftershave Balm

I got this over the weekend and I tried it for the first time today.

I prefer a balm over a splash on [though I really really am digging English Leather], but this one was kind of men.

First the scent. Most balms are understated, but this has a prominent odor of what can only be described Wrigley's Spiramint gum.

Also I'm not sure what the big selling point of it being CAFFEINATED is., BUT Pacific Shaving Co is doubling down on their CAFFEINATED line as they apparently have a shaving cream with the stuff in it.

While I'm a fan of caffeine, i prefer it in me rather than on me. ☕

So had anyone else tried the stuff? What was your take on it. Personally in don't think I'll be getting it again.

I won’t buy it again. It was a bit thick and waxy for me. Probably a good winter balm but too much for summer. Caffeine is supposed to constrict your blood vessels or reduce redness. Not sure if it worked. I have been using splashes lately because balms and moisturizers turn my skin red. Go figure!

I used it. It was fine. Good and moisturizing. The scent was pleasant to me. Don't think the caffeine served any purpose.

Although there isn't much of a scent, it's very light, it does re-moisturize really well, and I like it. The caffeine helps reduce any redness, and prevent bleeding, as it would contract the blood vessels near the surface of the skin, as well as hydrate. The moisturizing remains for hours afterwards, but does absorb into the skin fully, after a few minutes.

I see the low scent as a plus, allowing it to be used with assorted AS Splashes and/or Colognes without fighting or overwhelming their scent.

I thought it was fine. I don’t mind it, but don’t plan to repurchase.

Pros: is (or was) available locally, great price, great ingredients, I like Spearmint

Cons: too thick, didn’t seem to work as well as the ingredients would suggest

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I used a caffeinated body wash and didn’t notice. I’m not sure if there is any real benefit to it besides my IV of coffee

Top Bottom