What's new

PAA’s CUBE - Give Me Your Review Of It

Looking at buying one to try but i’d like to hear some feedback from people who have used it. Is it a good preshave soap? And do you prefer unscented or menthol?

I have the unscented cube. I find it first to be an excellent facial soap in general, especially if you have oily skin. As a preshave, it definitely adds a noticeable degree of slickness and protection. On par or even slightly better than Proraso preshave creams. I did previously use the PAA Ice preshave soap with menthol. The menthol kick lasted throughout and well past the shave. I would imagine that the mentholated cube would behave similarly.

I have the unscented cube. I find it first to be an excellent facial soap in general, especially if you have oily skin. As a preshave, it definitely adds a noticeable degree of slickness and protection. On par or even slightly better than Proraso preshave creams. I did previously use the PAA Ice preshave soap with menthol. The menthol kick lasted throughout and well past the shave. I would imagine that the mentholated cube would behave similarly.

Good write up. Quick question, what does this do for oily skin (interested because I have slightly oily skin)? Thanks

Good write up. Quick question, what does this do for oily skin (interested because I have slightly oily skin)? Thanks

The Cube contains activated charcoal, which is good for treating acne. lt’s definitely on par with other facial cleansers that I’ve used. I get the same clean feeling.

I also have the PAA Ice, ATG, & Clubman mentholated pre-shave soaps along with the mentholated Cube. All work well but the Cube is the best IMO. The Cube is the slickest and also provides the best chill. It is easier to apply and lasts longer. The slippery coating on my face is more of a nice film. I find rubbing them on my face after coming out of the shower then lathering them up a bit works the best - especially for the glycerin pucks because other wise the coating could be more dense and slightly gummy. Your face should be really wet. That is why I like to lather on my face after application. On the other hand, the only down side to the Cube VS the pucks is that it is a rather big chunk of soap that does not come with a storage container. I wound up using one of those classic looking Schone stainless steel lather bowls that I bought with my first DE shave kit to hold it. It is the perfect size and looks classy. If you don't put it in something, it could get the black charcoal on whatever you set it on. I'll be honest, I really don't use these products to enhance the slickness of my lather because most of my soaps are generally pretty slick to begin with. I use them only for the added cooling effect of the menthol. Many soaps do not have any, and it gives a little coolness to your shave when using them. I like the Cube so much that once the other glycerin PAA scented pucks are used up, I will probably only stick with the Cube. The scented pucks are not as slick, the scent is rather mild, don't last and long, and provide a lower level of menthol. All are good products, but the Cube is great IMO.
Steve

It might just be me, but has anybody else got any kind of irritation from the cube?

I don't get any visible irritation, but my skin, particularly my upper lip, seems to get a burning sensation when I use it. Very strange.

I'll be taking a break from it to see if I can confirm its effect on my skin.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I got the non mentholated cube can confirm it works great if you have slightly oily skin like mine I get a good cleasning from it and after i apply it as a preshave also it absolutely works in getting you that bbs shave i use it every other shave and it works great i plan on ordering a mentholated one but its a solid 5/5. :a14:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've been using the Cube for a number of months. Once I used it once I've used it every day since then.

In other words, the Cube has been a major factor in improving my shaves. Plus, I have seen no downsides to using it. (Well, there is one. See below.)

Cube2.0&Tube.2.0.640.8-24-21.JPG

You may know the Cube and the Tube contain the exact same product.

I've settled on using the Cube in the shower or at the sink to wash my face. (This is in lieu of the face soap I was previously using in the shower or at the sink.) Generally, I shower before shaving, but, whether at the shower or at the sink, after washing my face, I rinse off all the soap and all the slickness. When I leave the shower there is no Cube slickness on my face or fingers.

The Tube is my preshave. After washing my face I leave it wet. If it is dried along with my hair and body, I splash water onto my face to get it wet. Then I apply the Tube. I rub it all over the place, in various directions, and then rub it against the grain.

Then I face lather.

This stuff is incredibly slick. That's why I use the Cube only in the shower or as a face washing soap. It's hard to remove from my fingers. I want a slick face, but not slick fingers, so I use the Tube as a preshave, thus avoiding slick fingers.

This product adds slickness to the shave. The ghost lather is much better. Everything is better. The lather is better, too, I think. The main thing is this: My shaves are better. Every razor works better.

proxy.php

Other than cost, packaging, and slick fingers, there's an apples to apples comparison between the Tube and the Cube.

I've used several other preshaves. Some were good. None were in the league with the Cube. It's been a game changer for me.

Mine is without scent and without menthol. For the record, I usually use Vitos Red Cocco soap but I've tried the Cube with several others. All are much better with the Cube than without it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I personally did not get anything noticeable out of the cube. For me it was just more of a mess to clean up and just one more thing I realized I didn't need on my shelf. That being said alot people seem to love this product. Its only 11 or so dollars (without the base) if I remember so its worth a try to see if you like if your searching for a preshave. Imo what else do you NEED if you have a proper lather, nothing. I would rather buy a few sticks of ARKO with my money over another cube but again thats just me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Looking at buying one to try but i’d like to hear some feedback from people who have used it. Is it a good preshave soap? And do you prefer unscented or menthol?

1669766946822.png

In this post I cover my review, for the PAA Ice 2.0 pre-shave cube, as well as the dock for it.

But a quick summary. I freaking love it! Menthol makes me happy. And the pre-shave slickness, is beyond amazing 😍 IMHO, it's the best pre-shave ever.

YMMV

I'm new to wet shaving and just don't like the PAA Cube compared to shave oil. I've tried it with Rockwell shave cream and Proraso shave cream then with Ariana shave soap. I can't explain it but will not be using it again I much prefer shave oil or nothing.

I personally did not get anything noticeable out of the cube. For me it was just more of a mess to clean up and just one more thing I realized I didn't need on my shelf. That being said alot people seem to love this product. Its only 11 or so dollars (without the base) if I remember so its worth a try to see if you like if your searching for a preshave. Imo what else do you NEED if you have a proper lather, nothing. I would rather buy a few sticks of ARKO with my money over another cube but again thats just me.
So you feel that preshave is a waste of $$$?

Top Bottom