What's new

PAA Splashes and maybe soaps - Give me a few recommendations

How strong or long lasting are the scents for the various PAA products? Is there a reason they list splashes as Aftershave/Cologne instead of just AS? I've got a bunch of the aftershave samples coming and if i like some of them I would be open to trying out the body soaps, shampoo bars, and deodorants, but it all seems kind of pointless if the scents don't last. Based on my experience with Stirling's body bars, shampoo bars, and shave soaps the scents were completely gone once they were rinsed off which makes me wonder why i wouldn't just get unscented everything and be done with it.
I think space nog lasted the longest for me. I could still smell it the next day I like that it lasted a long time. Some are average and some really don't last long at all imo like awesome sauce. The beach probably is second longest(but probably first in scent)for me, but still working through some samples and looking forward to summer releases.

I've tried about a dozen or so samples and most are really nice performance and scent wise. I have big bottles of Al Fin my favorite, Atomic Age Bay Rum and Pineapple Bay Rum.

So no one really seemed to have an answer to my question regarding why PAA calls it aftershave/cologne, yet they also sell EDTs and solid colognes. I take it this means they can be used as both AS and a cologne because the scent is so strong? When i think of aftershave splashes I picture pouring a "splash" in your hands, quickly rubbing them together and patting them onto your freshly shaved skin. When i think of cologne I picture a small spritz or a dab applied to a pulse point. The quantities are vastly different.

Will a true splash of PAA aftershave gas everyone I share an elevator with or is that what their EDT's and solid colognes are for?

I did receive the samples i ordered and they seem pretty strong. Not sure i would want to pat a bunch of this stuff on my face. I'm really not a cologne guy but I like having a subtle scent on occasion, either from lingering body soap/shampoo and deodorant.

So no one really seemed to have an answer to my question regarding why PAA calls it aftershave/cologne, yet they also sell EDTs and solid colognes. I take it this means they can be used as both AS and a cologne because the scent is so strong? When i think of aftershave splashes I picture pouring a "splash" in your hands, quickly rubbing them together and patting them onto your freshly shaved skin. When i think of cologne I picture a small spritz or a dab applied to a pulse point. The quantities are vastly different.

Will a true splash of PAA aftershave gas everyone I share an elevator with or is that what their EDT's and solid colognes are for?

I did receive the samples i ordered and they seem pretty strong. Not sure i would want to pat a bunch of this stuff on my face. I'm really not a cologne guy but I like having a subtle scent on occasion, either from lingering body soap/shampoo and deodorant.
I find most of the splashes calm down once they've had a proper amount of dry down time.,,, but it really does vary.
The EDPs have better longevity and aren't made for your face since they do not have any skin food ingredients.
The solid colognes are a throwback to older days.
I have the Atomic Bay Rum and it is really nice.
I see solid colognes as a non alcohol alternative to the EDP.
Personally, I prefer the colognes and EDP - but I am happy with the solid cologne I have.

I don't have enough experience with them yet LAPlat to completely answer affirmatively, except I have 2 full size bottles now, Cold Spices and The Beach, as well as trying out some samples. Most of what I have used are perfect in strength, a few too floral, maybe 1 was too strong, but for my taste The Beach and Sangre De Drago are killer scents I'll be glad to have them stick around a few extra hours. Good Vibrations was equally a great scent but didn't seem as strong. I might order it too. After that positive experience, I immediately ordered a dozen other sample scents, hoping to discover 2,3, or 4 more to my liking. I'd also feel good about making one or two be an EDT or EDP. i think if you order the right ones for you, they're not going to make you be "that guy".

I don't have enough experience with them yet LAPlat to completely answer affirmatively, except I have 2 full size bottles now, Cold Spices and The Beach, as well as trying out some samples. Most of what I have used are perfect in strength, a few too floral, maybe 1 was too strong, but for my taste The Beach and Sangre De Drago are killer scents I'll be glad to have them stick around a few extra hours. Good Vibrations was equally a great scent but didn't seem as strong. I might order it too. After that positive experience, I immediately ordered a dozen other sample scents, hoping to discover 2,3, or 4 more to my liking. I'd also feel good about making one or two be an EDT or EDP. i think if you order the right ones for you, they're not going to make you be "that guy".
Thanks for the recommendations. Of course out of the 12 samples i bought i did not get any the ones you recommend. I'm really new to understand fragrances and I'm discovering what I do and don't like. I think I like tobacco, earthy scents like sage and moss, and spicy stuff like Bay Rum. From my impression of High Jump 47 I think I don't like Barbershop scents and especially anything with Talc notes.

I don't think i like very floral fragrances either but I'm open to keep sampling.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
30B6CFF5-B51E-4B07-870B-565FFBF38AD1.jpeg

I used to really like atomic age bay rum but after awhile I only picked up a wintergreen or eucalyptus scent which I didn’t like. I always wanted to try boomtown and it sounds right up my alley but I can’t justify the price.

I used to really like atomic age bay rum but after awhile I only picked up a wintergreen or eucalyptus scent which I didn’t like. I always wanted to try boomtown and it sounds right up my alley but I can’t justify the price.
Of all the samples I just tried Boomtown may be my favorite.

I just received 4 PAA samples today in the mail. I thought Sangre de Drago was nice.

Im on the PAA website and only see 2 scents available in samples. I'd love to try the PAA soaps and AS, but cant determine how to order samples. Am I missing something? How can I order samples of multiple scents?
TIA

Im on the PAA website and only see 2 scents available in samples. I'd love to try the PAA soaps and AS, but cant determine how to order samples. Am I missing something? How can I order samples of multiple scents?
TIA
Just use the Aftershave cologne samples to get an idea of what scents you like then you can order it in whichever form you want.

Ordered some Boomtown Bay Rum AS and bath soap, and a stick of Solstice deodorant. I've also got 8 more samples coming. Curious how well the deodorant works since it has alum in it. I've been using an alum block as deodorant for about month with amazing results.

I used a few dabs of the Solstice AS sample today to test while i was at work and I absolutely love the scent. It's subtle and not overpowering at all yet lasted most of the day. I'm not a cologne guy at all but I can see myself using this scent on a regular basis.

I liked the deodorant it worked well and smelled good but it has coconut oil in it and noticed that it would leave oil spots on my shirts when I washed them.

I liked the deodorant it worked well and smelled good but it has coconut oil in it and noticed that it would leave oil spots on my shirts when I washed them.
Good to know. I received the stick of Solstice deodorant yesterday and I'm testing it out today. I'll probably limit its use to when I have an undershirt on to avoid oil stains on nice shirts. The scent is the same great Solstice but I can sense the coconut oil and shea butter mixed in. Still smells good but I think i prefer it in its aftershave form where the sage seems to pop more.

Top Bottom