What's new

PAA preshaves?

Since we don't have a preshave section of the forum...

I'm curious on how people like PAA's Star Jelly preshave, compared to the Cube 2.0. I have the Cube, and its great, I really like it, but wondering if the star jelly is better yet? Thoughts? Thanks...

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Since we don't have a preshave section of the forum...

I'm curious on how people like PAA's Star Jelly preshave, compared to the Cube 2.0. I have the Cube, and its great, I really like it, but wondering if the star jelly is better yet? Thoughts? Thanks...

I've never used a PAA Star Jelly Pre-Shave, I didn't even know that was a thing? I have used PAA's Star Jelly aftershaves, and if the pre-shave is anything like their aftershaves, I don't think it would prepare your face at all. But of course, speaking as someone who hasn't tried that specific product, what do I know?

What I have tried a couple times now, and really truly enjoy with hearted passion, is the PAA Ice Cube 2.0 pre-shave, I think its literally the best pre-shave in the world, I don't think anything could beat it! 😍
IMG_4226.JPG

I have tried Prorasso's pre-shave cream many of times, it does work, but not nearly as good as the cube! And I have tried one of Stirling's pre-shave oil's, and I can tell you right now, I don't enjoy pre-shave oils, they are far too messy, residue can go rancid without you realizing it, and they don't really do much for me slickness wise. Nope, PAA's Cube 2.0 is where its at if you want a quality pre-shave.

And here it is in my shave den making its presence known to all who dare to gaze upon all its glory...
proxy.php

I've never used a PAA Star Jelly Pre-Shave, I didn't even know that was a thing? I have used PAA's Star Jelly aftershaves, and if the pre-shave is anything like their aftershaves, I don't think it would prepare your face at all. But of course, speaking as someone who hasn't tried that specific product, what do I know?

What I have tried a couple times now, and really truly enjoy with hearted passion, is the PAA Ice Cube 2.0 pre-shave, I think its literally the best pre-shave in the world, I don't think anything could beat it! 😍
View attachment 1555014

I have tried Prorasso's pre-shave cream many of times, it does work, but not nearly as good as the cube! And I have tried one of Stirling's pre-shave oil's, and I can tell you right now, I don't enjoy pre-shave oils, they are far too messy, residue can go rancid without you realizing it, and they don't really do much for me slickness wise. Nope, PAA's Cube 2.0 is where its at if you want a quality pre-shave.

And here it is in my shave den making its presence known to all who dare to gaze upon all its glory...
proxy.php
I agree! I finally just ordered the dry dock for the cube! I have been keeping it in a zip-lock bag for years. I really like how the dock allows you to display it as I think it's a unique piece. I really like your stand. I need to get something like this even if it's just for my razors.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I agree! I finally just ordered the dry dock for the cube! I have been keeping it in a zip-lock bag for years. I really like how the dock allows you to display it as I think it's a unique piece. I really like your stand. I need to get something like this even if it's just for my razors.

Hey NomadicDave!

I think its much better to store the pre-shave cube on the dock, then to have it stored in a sealed bag all soggy. And I too love how the dock allows for display of that cubed deliciousness. Thanks for the nice comments about my razor and brush stand. Hand made by an artist on Etsy out of cherry wood. Look up ClassicChoices on Etsy, you will find the different versions that the artist sells.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hello, I'm new to the Cube so how do you use it, just wet it and rub it into my face? Been using Proraso pre-shave, but always looking to improve my knowledge/ experience. Thanks

Oh my gosh, your doggy looks so adorable! 😍

To answer your question... Yes, just wet the very bottom of the cube, rub the cube on all parts of your face and neck, doesn't take much! Then put the cube down, and begin massaging the pre-shave you just applied, into your whiskers. If done correctly, you will instantly see the pre-shave lathering up quickly, just by using your fingers.

To make things less messy, consider wetting the bottom of the pre-shave cube, using a Falirisol ultra fine mister spray bottle. Just a single shot from the trigger, is all you need from the spray bottle. This is how it was recommended to me to do, and as such, that is what I do, and works great for me. You will notice that the slickness and lather generation from the PAA Pre-shave cubes, to be so amazingly good, you could even shave, with just using the pre-shave.

But whats the fun in that? I say, pre-shave yourself up, then lather yourself up with your favorite soap, and go to town woohoo! :thumbup:

Hello, I'm new to the Cube so how do you use it, just wet it and rub it into my face? Been using Proraso pre-shave, but always looking to improve my knowledge/ experience. Thanks
You can rub it directly on the face, but there's other ways that work well, too. I sliced the cube and put it into a container. I use a small synthetic brush to apply it just like any soap. Use lots of warm water with it. For best results, I let it sit on the whiskers for a few minutes, rinse partially with fresh water before lathering with shave cream, etc.

Oh my gosh, your doggy looks so adorable! 😍

To answer your question... Yes, just wet the very bottom of the cube, rub the cube on all parts of your face and neck, doesn't take much! Then put the cube down, and begin massaging the pre-shave you just applied, into your whiskers. If done correctly, you will instantly see the pre-shave lathering up quickly, just by using your fingers.

To make things less messy, consider wetting the bottom of the pre-shave cube, using a Falirisol ultra fine mister spray bottle. Just a single shot from the trigger, is all you need from the spray bottle. This is how it was recommended to me to do, and as such, that is what I do, and works great for me. You will notice that the slickness and lather generation from the PAA Pre-shave cubes, to be so amazingly good, you could even shave, with just using the pre-shave.

But whats the fun in that? I say, pre-shave yourself up, then lather yourself up with your favorite soap, and go to town woohoo! :thumbup:
Thank you for the help. That dog is one of thousands of pups, seniors or hospice animals that we at the rescue, well rescue and either find homes for or they live out the rest of their lives comfortable. I love what I do, I've been volunteering for 11 years.
Maybe I'll try the Cube, I forgot that I also have some GD preshave, any thoughts on which is superior please, thanks again?

Used both PAA Star Jelly pre shave and the Chell preshave and liked the Star Jelly more than the Chel. I have not used the Cube but have used the travel version in the Tube. All work great for me I just prefer the Star Jelly preshave.

I used all the Pro Raso pre shave, Furbo, Prep (you can find it here in Italy in every supermarket), Taylor of Bond Street Herbal Pre shave, Cella Bio and Red pre shave but, once I learned how to use the PAA Cube on my skin (just a light pass of the cube on my skin right before the first pass of soap) I can simply say that, for me, nothing beats PAA cube.

Top Bottom