What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Bar far the best write up on technical specifications and geometric values that I have ever read in a concise, thorough and easily readable review that is based on facts. Your report and analysis have brought the biggest truth to light: Exact numbers, measurements, precise dimensions and calculations never lie. Bravo amigo, Bravo...:a14:

Thanks, Gus! That's what I was going for! :001_smile

Wow, this is the most impressive review I have ever read. Fantastic work! I agree with your statements entirely on the mildness. I enjoy my DOC, especially if i want to do a second shave before dinner/night out.

Wow, this is the most impressive review I have ever read. Fantastic work! I agree with your statements entirely on the mildness. I enjoy my DOC, especially if i want to do a second shave before dinner/night out.

Thanks! I didn't like the DOC, but there are plenty of guys that do. I'm glad that you can get the most out of its mildness. :thumbup1:

Thanks! I didn't like the DOC, but there are plenty of guys that do. I'm glad that you can get the most out of its mildness. :thumbup1:
Are you ready for the PAA DOC EVO? I have one available if you're interested. Take all the time you would need. Would love to see a write up on it. It is not as terrifying as it looks or feels. Very efficient. Just saying is all.......:001_tongu

Are you ready for the PAA DOC EVO? I have one available if you're interested. Take all the time you would need. Would love to see a write up on it. It is not as terrifying as it looks or feels. Very efficient. Just saying is all.......:001_tongu

That's a generous offer, Gus. I appreciate it. I might just take you up on it later. Thanks. :001_smile

I'm trying a bunch of PAA AS and I'm wondering for those of you that use both. How true are the soap scents to the AS of the same name?

I too feel they are spot on. I ordered a bunch of AS samples in the past to try out their scents and have since bought full size pairings of soap/AS in some scents without disappointment.

I have the PAA Honeysuckle soap and AS. Could not believe how true to the Honeysuckle bush both products were. Very well matched in scent. If you have never smelled a honeysuckle flower, get to NJ. Very fragrant, very sweet. You could smell the flowers from a good block away when the wind is right. Great for Spring/Summer rotation. This soap & AS are winners, but you must like a real floral scent. Alas, I now live in AZ, so this is the closest I can get the the honeysuckle bush. Maybe someone will develop a cactus scent...don't think so, though. Who wants to smell like a cactus LOL.
Mikey

Last edited:
Yes they are definitely exactly the same and they all have quickly shot up to the top tier of my rotation. The aftershaves are more like cologne because they literally last ALL day some last longer than 12 hours, big baby for instance lasts a good 24 hours especially on the collar of my shirts. You will love what ever you get from them.

I have the PAA Honeysuckle soap and AS. Could not believe how true to the Honeysuckle bush both products were. Very well matched in scent. If you have never smelled a honeysuckle flower, get to NJ. Very fragrant, very sweet. You could smell the flowers from a good block away when the wind is right. Great for Spring/Summer rotation. This soap & AS are winners, but you must like a real floral scent. Alas, I now live in AZ, so this is the closest I can get the the honeysuckle bush. Maybe someone will develop a cactus scent...don't think so, though. Who wants to smell like a cactus LOL.
Mikey
Heh, I agree with the Honeysuckle. Lived in Penn for a while as a kid and spent a lot of time pulling those little flowers off to get that one drop of nectar. The AS did smell exactly like that, but too sweet for me to wear.

Heh, I agree with the Honeysuckle. Lived in Penn for a while as a kid and spent a lot of time pulling those little flowers off to get that one drop of nectar. The AS did smell exactly like that, but too sweet for me to wear.

Yes, it is very sweet but the soap and the AES work really well together. Actually very nice on a hot summer day.
I use it sparingly, but I really like it. Reminds me of New Jersey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PAA soaps and aftershave match almost perfectly. Aftershaves have great longevity, but prefer the Crown King soap formula over the PAA performance wise.

Top Bottom