What's new

PAA - Irish Springs - Star Jelly

I'm a big fan of Irish Spring soap. It's cheap, it smells very clean to me, and I've basically used it most of my life. I'm interested in PAA's - Irish Springs. Now, I generally always prefer a splash; however, PAA's "Aftershave & Cologne" makes me apprehensive. I am much too reserved and subtle for a cologne of EDT.

So, that said, for those of you who have tried PAA's - Irish Springs, does it truly resemble the soap? Can you tell me more about this "Star Jelly" product? To be frank, PAA's website and products are simply confusing to me...

PAA has all of their scents available in a small sample size for $1 each. You can also get a sample size of the unscented Star Jelly if you want to give it a try. Unfortunately i couldn't tell you anything about the Irish Springs or Star Jelly since i have not tried either one. Downside to the samples are that you'd probably have to purchase something else to make shipping worth it.

Like you i'm a bit reserved and have never been a Cologne or EDT guy but i recently purchased a few PAA aftershave colognes with the intent of using them as a mild cologne type product in lieu of a scented deodorant. I spritz a little on some pulse points and I can get a nice scent and not have to worry about gassing my colleagues at work. It's probably stronger and longer lasting than your typical aftershave but nowhere close to being an EDT or EDP. It's exactly what I'm looking for as far as scent strength. Hope that answers some of your questions.

I have tried put the Irish Spring set in my cart a couple time but have never pulled the trigger. I have a couple of their products and really like them. Following to see if it smells like the bar soap.

I have never been one to wear cologne either. I have purchased many over the years but rarely put them on. I find the aftershave/cologne from the wet shaving product companies is just subtle enough if someone is close they can smell it but you don't stink up the room. That being said, I know put on some kind of after shave everyday.

Never tried that particular scent, but I don't think very clean scents are the ones that have extra longevity usually the opposite. If it ends up being a little strong could cut with witch hazel too.

I recommend the samples. What part of their website confuses you? Rather than star jelly I prefer mystery serum and then put aftershave on after the serum.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I got a thread here where I talk about my experience with Star Jelly...
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Star Jelly Aftershaves - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/phoenix-artisan-accoutrements-star-jelly-aftershaves.622232/

Those are the only two Star Jelly aftershaves that I've used from PAA. I haven't had the chance to try their Irish Spring Star Jelly, but I've used Irish Spring soap before, infact, I think I got a couple of emergency bars of soap left over from the distant past, before I switched over to liquid soaps.

As I explained in my thread, star jelly's are a mixture between an aftershave splash, and an aftershave balm. They give you the benefits of the creamyness of a balm that feels good on the skin, but with the alcohol/menthol cooling effect of an aftershave splash. This is great, because it dries fairly quickly, and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy for several minutes.

If you knick yourself with the razor, the alcohol should disinfect the knicks. Now keep in mind too, not all PAA star jelly's have menthol in them, only some of them do. But I agree with you, the site is kind of poorly laid out in its design, looks a bit dated. They should really hire a professional website builder who knows what they are doing.

Another thing I don't like that the CEO of PAA does, why does he have to state that same message on every single star jelly page, about how if an aftershave splash and an aftershave balm had a baby. It really gets annoying. I think the whole site could use a re-work up, but hey, thats just me. Also, another issue I have with PAA is their poor product selection.

Yes, they have plenty of aftershave splashes, balms, and star jellys, I am not talking about that. I am talking about their poor selection of shave brushes, shave bowls, razors, blades. They seem to have the least amount of all that stuff, yet have plenty of aftershave products, I don't get it.

Now don't get me wrong, I love their star jelly product line so far, I am not knocking that.

You guys that want long lasting scent from an aftershave would be much better served by finding a cologne or edt that you like. They are higher quality scents and can be very reasonable. Aftershaves that last can be paired with an edt, or just count on the aftershave burning off and use any edt you want.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
You guys that want long lasting scent from an aftershave would be much better served by finding a cologne or edt that you like. They are higher quality scents and can be very reasonable. Aftershaves that last can be paired with an edt, or just count on the aftershave burning off and use any edt you want.

Don't worry, I'm covered in that department, I got Davidoff Cool Water now and I am happy. :)

Top Bottom