What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

you made your first mistake by going to reddit for any type of advice in the first place.
Second of all PAA is an excellent brand my very first shave soap and shave brush I bought was from paa.
I purchased tombstone and harvest moon with matching as also the as smell great and are long lasting (6-7 hours) for me at least
overall great product I wish I could buy all their scents quite pricey tho

Attachments

• shaving-soap-tombstone-artisan-shaving-soap-4-oz-of-epic-wild-west-2_x700.jpg
    shaving-soap-tombstone-artisan-shaving-soap-4-oz-of-epic-wild-west-2_x700.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 19
I recently purchased PAA's stainless Ascension and have nothing but good things to say about the customer service and delivery of the razor.

His soap does perform well. But that's not my only consideration. I don't plan on sending him any of my money... not when there are plenty more makers out there, with less dubious character.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

A lot of history with the company and it's owner, but he is passionate and the products reflect that. The quality of the soaps and aftershaves are terrific.

@BradtheImpaler "parfume" describes the scent class. Perfume is generally the highest strength and requires little product. Next in line is EdT. After that is Cologne. FYI, you likely own a "cologne" or two already. Read the bottle closely. You'll likely find that it's actually classified as an "EdT".

Soap performance and scents are top notch. Add some samples to your cart. Throw in some Star Jelly and Mysterium serum as well. I use one of them almost daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen several concerning threads on this board regarding HTGAM/PPF/PAA; I've generally gone elsewhere. The same goes for a few other vendors; most vendors have occasional unsatisfied customers but don't generate multiple threads.

I think regardless of who the seller is these Type L clones are all coming from the same Chinese factory.

Here are other retailers selling the same razor as the PAA injector.

Soap performance and scents are top notch. Add some samples to your cart. Throw in some Star Jelly and Mysterium serum as well. I use one of them almost daily.

I'm looking at the "Mysterium" and it seems to have MORE good ingredients for the skin than any after shave I've ever come across? What does it smell like?

I'm looking at the "Mysterium" and it seems to have MORE good ingredients for the skin than any after shave I've ever come across? What does it smell like?

Unscented. You get a little of a minty smell from the mentholated version, but it dissipates quickly. Star Jelly comes in multiple scents as well as unscented.

I have both. I just got an original L from a local antique store. I paid $3 and its pristine. Lucky find. Found an Cased Eversharp I as well, $8.00 I am out of town tonight but maybe later in the week I can clean them up and do a run off between the clone and the original.

Last edited:
I have and regularly use an Eversharp-Schick G8. These can be easily found, are cheap, and are an excellent shaver. I think I paid 5 dollars for the razor with the original maroon case.

No recent posts, so either all the haters bled out or all the likers are satisfied enough to just go shave without comment.

I got the oxblood model in the mail on Monday, since it was the only option available. I waited for its' arrival to shave, and had a fresh bowl of lather ready. I unwrapped a blade, unscrewed the head & inserted the razor - it seemed to be sturdy and well-made. Upon tightening (I had to press the blade into the head by hand & recall reading that this may be necessary for the first few shaves). The head was about 2/3 tightened when something snapped & the head fell apart. The brass screw was poorly embedded in the head & pulled out.

I was disappointed. I was annoyed. I was sorely vexed. My e-mail was filled with uncomplimentary verbiage, but I wondered if this was a common occurrence. The seller indicated that nothing's impossible & rather than chance me wrecking another, refunded my payment.

So, now I have an unused, but trashed 4 piece razor sitting on my desk waiting on the best fixit option. I'm considering drilling thru the cap, threading the hole & inserting brass threaded stock. Proper alignment may be an issue.

The handle is solid, but too damn ugly to use on any other razors (won't fit a couple of Russkie 2-blade razors).

I've got an eye on a pack of JB Weld, but have had poor luck with re-adhering parts under tension with epoxies.

MY Evaluation: It LOOKED like it should give a good shave before it came apart.

Damn, that sucks. I've had mine for a while and never had an issue getting the blade in like that. Seems like a strange response from the seller. Did you purchase it from PAA or somewhere else? If you purchased it from another place, I would try reaching out to PAA and see what they say.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
No recent posts, so either all the haters bled out or all the likers are satisfied enough to just go shave without comment.
The brass screw was poorly embedded in the head & pulled out.

Not a hater; it was my first slant. Not particularly a liker; I've got a better slant now. But it's not been a bad razor for me, just that it doesn't inspire me to rhapsodies of joy. I find aluminum and bakelite to be simply too light for my preference.

Sorry to hear it broke.

O.H.

I got one of the L clones off of Ebay years ago and it works fantastic. It's the one I keep at my girlfriend's to shave on the weekends.

Unscented. You get a little of a minty smell from the mentholated version, but it dissipates quickly. Star Jelly comes in multiple scents as well as unscented.

As you say their scents are "top notch", are there any in A/S or EDP that you regularly use? I just got 12 samples from them, (chosen based on the ingredients), and the one that really jumps out at me is "Speak Easy". It smells EXACTLY like another cologne I've either owned or sampled in the past but I can't remember what it was? Good, though. The others I'll have to actually apply as A/S to get the full opinion on. I will say one thing - their samples are in very large vials, and will probably work for at least 2 applications as an A/S.

As far as them being listed as a A/S OR cologne, do you find them stronger than most A/S's, or does that advertisement just mean that you CAN use it whether you're shaving or not, which of course you can do with any A/S?

Clubguy, Gondolier, Supreme Sandalwood and Dapper Doc are nice. F Bombs and Copalli are on my short list. If used with the matching soap I get a good 8 hours on the scent. The AS is close to what others call a cologne.

Top Bottom