What's new

PAA Future Fiction - AS vs Soap scent

Hi, question for the community....I have purchased PAA Future Fiction soap and like the scent - where it comes off as brighter - citrus ginger etc. I purchased the splash (from Pasteur's) and the safety seal was removed. Bottle is full so I tried it and it does not smell to me too much like the soap. More woody, incense like with a very little citrus that is gone quickly. The scent notes are the same order on the splash so not sure if they were going for a complimentary scent. I do get a faint vibe of the soap scent in the background. Any one else encounter the same or have thoughts? The PAA site mentioned an older version that was reformulated but i would guess it was a while back with a diff label and ingredients and possibly under a different name. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't have the aftershave, but keep in mind with perfume it's the other way around. Soap ingredients have a negative affect on scent ingredients. It is common to omit certain components of the perfume oil for the soap either because they are expensive and/or they will be destroyed by the caustic components of the soap. Now if there is less citrus, that might be a problem due to an unsealed bottle. It might not, citrus is the lightest part of a scent and quickest to exit. Think 4711 Colonia, the original cologne. I would have insisted on a new bottle as an unsealed one might have been a misplaced tester, meaning it's been opened repeatedly. I have also had some splash concentrate itself if some amount of alcohol evaporates. That would make the woody base stronger and could cause irritation.

I don't have the aftershave, but keep in mind with perfume it's the other way around. Soap ingredients have a negative affect on scent ingredients. It is common to omit certain components of the perfume oil for the soap either because they are expensive and/or they will be destroyed by the caustic components of the soap. Now if there is less citrus, that might be a problem due to an unsealed bottle. It might not, citrus is the lightest part of a scent and quickest to exit. Think 4711 Colonia, the original cologne. I would have insisted on a new bottle as an unsealed one might have been a misplaced tester, meaning it's been opened repeatedly. I have also had some splash concentrate itself if some amount of alcohol evaporates. That would make the woody base stronger and could cause irritation.
Thank you for the information!

Top Bottom