What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Haven't tried that one, but their Rabid Banana and Immortal Peach are fantastic!

The peach is especially long-lived. Was still smelling it 10 hours after application - with a shower in-between!

I am looking for this soap from PAA, since the scent reminds me my youth, PAA is not making anymore this 11235 soap, Where can I find a jar ( even a used one ) who I can buy ? regards from mexico, robert

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am looking for this soap from PAA, since the scent reminds me my youth, PAA is not making anymore this 11235 soap, Where can I find a jar ( even a used one ) who I can buy ? regards from mexico, robert
Hi Robert. Your best bet would be to keep an eye out on eBay. Otherwise you can read the Terms of Use in the BST forum and when you have completed the requirements you can place an ad there.

I have the doppelgänger black on the way to Vermont as we speak. I am very excited to say the least. It’s supposed to be like Christian Sauvage. I have there soap lavender planet with the matching slash aftershave. I feel the aftershave lasts real good and the soap is excellent. It’s quality stuff.

Would someone be able to compare the scents of PAA Atomic Pumpkin with Stirling's Pumpkin Spice? I really like the Pumpkin Spice shave soap, but found the AS splash to be a little too maple syrupy. I was wondering how PAA Atomic Pumpkin stacks up.

So I have pretty much finished up my PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum aftershave, I'm going to save the rest of it for next week Friday, as I always use Bay Rum on Friday. It's just my thing I guess. So that poses the next question, I'm going to more then likely pull the trigger on another Bay Rum from PAA. Here's what I'm thinking, any and all help and or feedback would be greatly appreciated. And these are listed in no particular order.

PAA Classico
1601649797062.png

Boom Town Bay Rum
1601649859547.png

Diver Down combo (as it doesn't look like just the aftershave is available)
1601649984494.png

Thank you!

Clasico has intrigued me, but I have never bought it. Boomtown is fantastic and its a lovely scent that I use regularly. I just got diver down and I would say it's not much of a bay rum scent, lots of frankincense. So I recommend boomtown.

Just received te PAA copper ascension razor. It is unusual in that it has two open combs - the base plate and top cap both have open combs fitted and it was apparently inspired by a vintage double comb razor whereby the double open combs are supposed to cause more lather to be collected to lubricate the shave or something like that.

The other unique feature is that it is made of a copper alloy (German silver I believe) and plated with copper. It is apparent passivated in some way to prevent tarnishing.

Another feature it has is a adjustable feature but this is actually used by loosening it and I will likely not use that feature as ot seems a little gimmicky to me.

As it turns out I have no need for the twist adjustable feature because screwed on tight this razor gave one of the closest shaves I have ever had.i haven't even used an open comb before but now I am using a double open comb! It is quite smooth - not quite as smooth as the asd2 but kot too far from it. It is a serious performer and able to stand for to toe with any razor that I have tried so far in terms of actual performance.

Build quality wise - i didnt give it a magnifying glass look over but it sure looks fine to me without any flaws I perceived and it is excellent. The ascension is made in China but designed by PAA.

Aesthetics wise it is a beautiful razor and it is my first copper razor and I think i really like the look of copper razors.

The proprietor of PAA has some bad press in reddit and some forums that I did not really read back far enough to know what was the issue it I got great customer service and they sent the eazor over without any issues at all.

Summing up, this razor is indeed a worthy representative for China in my panoply of razors from around the world and I am very pleased to have bought it.

Nice review! I have the first aluminum Ascension, but have not been fast enough to pull the trigger on the copper beauty.

As part of using the blade as the tensioning spring for 'twist adjustment', the blade is bent in a pretty tight arc. Snugged down, I think that stiffens the blade well and contributes to the shave quality.

I have the SS version. I like it. I find it rather mild. I know you can loosen it to make it more efficient, but I find that a bit of a farce. As you flip the razor while shaving I am worried it will come a bit dangerous.

So I have pretty much finished up my PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum aftershave, I'm going to save the rest of it for next week Friday, as I always use Bay Rum on Friday. It's just my thing I guess. So that poses the next question, I'm going to more then likely pull the trigger on another Bay Rum from PAA. Here's what I'm thinking, any and all help and or feedback would be greatly appreciated. And these are listed in no particular order.

PAA Classico
View attachment 1163070

Boom Town Bay Rum
View attachment 1163071

Diver Down combo (as it doesn't look like just the aftershave is available)
View attachment 1163074

Thank you!
I have not tried Classico or Boomtown, but I did bite the bullet on Diver Down. Hard to describe. It does seem to me to be somewhat of a blend between Old Spice and a Bay Rum. It had good scent strength and lasts a good while. Burns a bit as well upon application. I quite enjoy it. Highly recommended getting samples of all three.

Just received te PAA copper ascension razor. It is unusual in that it has two open combs - the base plate and top cap both have open combs fitted and it was apparently inspired by a vintage double comb razor whereby the double open combs are supposed to cause more lather to be collected to lubricate the shave or something like that.

The other unique feature is that it is made of a copper alloy (German silver I believe) and plated with copper. It is apparent passivated in some way to prevent tarnishing.

Another feature it has is a adjustable feature but this is actually used by loosening it and I will likely not use that feature as ot seems a little gimmicky to me.

As it turns out I have no need for the twist adjustable feature because screwed on tight this razor gave one of the closest shaves I have ever had.i haven't even used an open comb before but now I am using a double open comb! It is quite smooth - not quite as smooth as the asd2 but kot too far from it. It is a serious performer and able to stand for to toe with any razor that I have tried so far in terms of actual performance.

Build quality wise - i didnt give it a magnifying glass look over but it sure looks fine to me without any flaws I perceived and it is excellent. The ascension is made in China but designed by PAA.

Aesthetics wise it is a beautiful razor and it is my first copper razor and I think i really like the look of copper razors.

The proprietor of PAA has some bad press in reddit and some forums that I did not really read back far enough to know what was the issue it I got great customer service and they sent the eazor over without any issues at all.

Summing up, this razor is indeed a worthy representative for China in my panoply of razors from around the world and I am very pleased to have bought it.
20201004_083338.jpg

Nice review! I have the first aluminum Ascension, but have not been fast enough to pull the trigger on the copper beauty.

As part of using the blade as the tensioning spring for 'twist adjustment', the blade is bent in a pretty tight arc. Snugged down, I think that stiffens the blade well and contributes to the shave quality.

Using the blade itself as the spring is quite a good idea. The DOC is already an innovative idea that was used by its vintage predecessor but whixh is rarely used nowadays.

Top Bottom