What's new

GIVEAWAY! PAA DOC/Taconic Synthetic brush/HSC Sample PIF

For my next PIF, I am offering the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) original double open comb (DOC) nickel plated razor, a new Hawaiian Shaving Company (HSC) soap sample and the Taconic Shave Wood & Chrome Handle Synthetic Shave Brush & Stand.

View attachment 1481804

Here are the details.

The Original Phoenix DOC Safety Razor - nickel plated (used)
This is a mild open comb razor in excellent condition.
Here is the product link for more information.

View attachment 1481805

View attachment 1481806
A new sample of Hawaiian Shaving Company (HSC) Kaimu Shave Soap, Pepamina Alani (Peppermint Orange).

The HSC soap has charcoal in it. The soap is black but as you add water and make a lather with it, it turns grey and slick. Keep lathering and it turns white.
I have read that the charcoal could darken natural brushes, so I am also throwing in the following synthetic brush and stand:

Taconic Shave Wood & Chrome Handle Synthetic Shave Brush & Stand (used):
Premium Synthetic Ultra Soft Bristles
22 mm Brush Knot
Handle length - 2.3 in., Overall Height - 4.25 in., Base Diameter .8 in.
Durable finished Beechwood & Chrome Handle
Handmade Brush Knot for Superior Quality
Dense Brush Knot for Extra Lathering Ability & Backbone
Acrylic Brush Stand Included for proper brush drying and storage after use
Packaged in a Gift Box

View attachment 1481807

Here is a mini review of the brush.
Here is another mention of this brush.

This brush has quite a bit of backbone and is scrubby. I think it benefits from soaking the brush before using it loosen it up a bit. If you want extra backbone and very little splay, don't soak it, just dip the tips in water when lathering. It is a heavy brush due to the wood handle but it has a nice shape which fits well in my hands.

To enter this PIF, post "I'm in" in this thread and then tell me how you got started in traditional wet shaving.
Even if you are not in the PIF, feel free to share how you started in traditional wet shaving. The more the merrier!

CONUS only.

I will keep this PIF open for at least a week .

Thanks for reading this!
I was watching YouTube and I saw an ad for Henson safety razor. I actually watched the entire ad because I have always hated shaving. When I saw the price I said, no way. But it got me looking at less expensive razors. I started researching and learning on Badger and Blade before I made my first purchase. I have been at it for about 3 or 4 months and an still learning. I love shaving now.

I was watching YouTube and I saw an ad for Henson safety razor. I actually watched the entire ad because I have always hated shaving. When I saw the price I said, no way. But it got me looking at less expensive razors. I started researching and learning on Badger and Blade before I made my first purchase. I have been at it for about 3 or 4 months and an still learning. I love shaving now.
@ElwoodP I have had the same experience exactly!

Top Bottom