What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
What is a "serious shaver"? :001_unsur
Good question, as politicians are wont to say. :thumbup1:

That's purely subjective, though I figure that people who take the time to post photos and/or descriptions in "SOTD" fairly regularly are relatively serious about their shaving. This, of course, is not to exclude people who don't post.

As for what constitutes a "serious shaver" beyond posting in "SOTD," I'd say membership in B&B itself. There's a measure of eccentricity here: many of us compare blades and razors; we rate soaps and creams; and debate the merits of aftershaves and fragrances. This is not your usual dinner table talk.

Also, note the word "serious," as opposed to, say, "expert." I've been shaving since the days of blue blades, but I'm by no means an expert at anything, let alone shaving. Nonetheless, I am a bit more serious about my shaving than the average fellow who shaves with cartridges and foam--and who might find the goings-on here rather quaint and ridiculous.

I have the PAA Atomic Bay Rum and really like the scent a lot.

Can anyone describe the scents of the Cocunut Bay w/Lime and the Pineapple Bay? Are they different enough from Atomic to justify a purchase? Do the scents work without smelling like tropical sunscreen?

Other Bay mixes I’ve tried seem to mute both the Bay Rum and the other item mixed with it.

I have the PAA Atomic Bay Rum and really like the scent a lot.

Can anyone describe the scents of the Cocunut Bay w/Lime and the Pineapple Bay? Are they different enough from Atomic to justify a purchase? Do the scents work without smelling like tropical sunscreen?

Other Bay mixes I’ve tried seem to mute both the Bay Rum and the other item mixed with it.
I have Atomic Age and Coconut Bay with Lime. I prefer the Atomic Age, it seems stronger to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hello all. I am lucky enough to have the P&B Whitechapel soap, but really wish I could find the aftershave. Does anyone know of any places online that might sell it?

Thanks -Erik

Bought my first PAA soap - i.e. The Beach in CK-6 - a month ago. It is truly a magnificent soap! Frankly, with all the scents they offer, I don't see myself buying anything else for some time. I would compare it to any tallow-based soap and I have tried most of the top artisans.

Also, the prices are fair and the customer service, pricing and availability are top shelf. I think PAA is an outstanding company that offers a lot of high quality options.

By now, I am sure you have tried this soap, so I hope it works for you too.

I just received my first order from PAA. My wife got me beach and cad in ck-6. I have dozens of soaps but these are my first PAA. The scent strength on both seems very light. Candidly I’m having bad allergies so it might be that, but my wife thinks the scents are a bit weak as well. Is this typical for PAA?

I've tried a few of theirs and the Beach was def one of the lighter ones. Was kinda bummed out as I loved the scent, but even the splash / cologne seemed to fade really quickly. I think it probably depends on what scent you try, cause they certainly all aren't weak. I've also got Atomic Age Bay Rum and Blue Samhain and they're both fairly strong.

I have only tried one PAA C-6 soap: Big Shave Southwest. The scent is not weak but is rather pleasant. However, it's performance is excellent.

PAA CK6.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah the performance was fantastic. I’m actually blown away (used it once). Everything about it was great. I’m hoping my allergies are the issue.

I just received my first order from PAA. My wife got me beach and cad in ck-6. I have dozens of soaps but these are my first PAA. The scent strength on both seems very light. Candidly I’m having bad allergies so it might be that, but my wife thinks the scents are a bit weak as well. Is this typical for PAA?

EDIT: Revisit on op to be fair to the artisan: my allergies have gotten a little better and I’ve been able to catch a few whiffs of these soaps. While the scents are not on par strength wise with a&e or similar stronger scented soaps (IMO), I can pick up the scent and they are both very nice.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Beach.Od&New.Bottles.1&2.480.7-13-19..JPG

It's one of my favorites. Not just for hot days because in the winter it reminds me of the beach. On the beach it reminds me how lucky I am to be on the beach. Etc.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have The Beach and think it is great. It captures the beach in a way I was not expecting. I also have Chocolate Bourbon and that is like a tasty dessert. I am going to purchase Meta Nectar next.

I have found the performance to be perfect and I find the scents hit the mark. I am sure they have lighter scents and heavier ones.

PAA is a great artisan!

I have 4 PAA soaps, 2 of the Crown King formula and 2 of the older formula, can't really tell a difference
in performance as they are all good soaps. I have not tried the new CK formula but it has received really positive reviews. My soaps are actually on the stronger side scent wise than most of my other soaps. The only complaint
that I have is that the scents, especially the matching aftershaves, are way too sweet. With that said PAA offers
quite the litany of scents so I'm sure the sweetness is probably just my small collection.

Top Bottom