What's new

PAA brushes…

… I’m a believer! used a PAA peregrino brush for the first time and love it. A tad less backbone than my aerolite (which I also love) but enough to get a good scrub. Super luxurious. I have no need for badger brushes anymore.

I love the look and feel of these brushes. I’m super impressed by them.

I also have a Yaqi Giotto that is almost as good.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I only have the Doppler, but it holds - and gives up - a lot of water.

All the fibers in synths probably come from the same sources, but they're way better than they used to be.

AA

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
PAA told me the Perigrino has the most backbone, but Op says it has less than the Aerolite. I wonder about the Atomic Rocket?
I gave you my take on the Atomic Rocket in the other thread. I quite enjoyed the face feel of the Atomic Rocket. For me, though as we all know too well, this is subjective. The soft tips combined with the gentle backbone was a perfect for me. I preferred it over the Peregrino. The larger handle and I didn't get along that well... but again, this is subjective so it passed on to a lady shaver here who loves the larger handle's reach for leg lathering.

When I got the Atomic Rocket and the Peregrino, I was looking for a synth brush that was similar to the very fine ESC Ultimate G4 brush. The Atomic Rocket fit the bill.

To give you a frame of reference, the synth brushes I still own and will keep around are the aforementioned Executive Shaving Company Ultimate G4 two tone anodized aluminum handle brush, the Omega Evo Original and a Face Book group buy Alpha Shaving G5D brush. Alpha Shaving makes the Ultimate G4 for ESC.

I gave you my take on the Atomic Rocket in the other thread. I quite enjoyed the face feel of the Atomic Rocket. For me, though as we all know too well, this is subjective. The soft tips combined with the gentle backbone was a perfect for me. I preferred it over the Peregrino. The larger handle and I didn't get along that well... but again, this is subjective so it passed on to a lady shaver here who loves the larger handle's reach for leg lathering.

When I got the Atomic Rocket and the Peregrino, I was looking for a synth brush that was similar to the very fine ESC Ultimate G4 brush. The Atomic Rocket fit the bill.

To give you a frame of reference, the synth brushes I still own and will keep around are the aforementioned Executive Shaving Company Ultimate G4 two tone anodized aluminum handle brush, the Omega Evo Original and a Face Book group buy Alpha Shaving G5D brush. Alpha Shaving makes the Ultimate G4 for ESC.
What about the Starcraft?

Is the Peregrino bigger then the atomic rocket?

PAA told me the Perigrino has the most backbone, but Op says it has less than the Aerolite. I wonder about the Atomic Rocket?
A bit less firm than the Perigrino. The Atomic Rocket is similar to other maker's brushes such as the Razorock Plissoft. I'd say the Atomic Rocket has a really huge knot however. Something like the Razorock Bruce standard has a similar feel but a smaller knot, so may feel more firm.

I am but a simple man, I make no absolute claims on such matters other than my personal experience :)

“Synthetics & Soaps”???
Or maybe “Synths & Suds”. Has a nice ring to it.

I have the Atomic and Amber Aerolite. They are really both too large for me. My favorite brush at the moment is the Rockwell 20mm which is almost identical to the Atomic knot but much smaller. I believe the Plissoft is also similar but don’t have one yet.

I have a Plissoft Noir and a few AP shave ones and a Stirling as well and probably one or two I’m forgetting and I find most don’t splay very well. At least I think that’s the word? Where you press down on a brush and the bristles go in different directions. Most of these brushes it’s very hard to get the bristles to go in different directions and they just want to lay the same way when you press down.

My Rockwell and the couple times I used the Atomic the bristles went in different directions to make lather easier. I believe this would be less backbone ? I could care less about that as long as it makes nice lather easier. And every synthetic I have is more then soft enough for me and I could care less about that.

I actually would love to test out a Badger and the higher end AP brushes like the synthetic 5A and 5C etc.

Top Bottom