What's new

P&G closing most Art of Shaving stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Do their products justify such a high price? Or are they only slightly better than Proraso or other more common products?

After pickups at Marshal’s/Ross/Tj-Maxx. Based on my experiences.

Sandalwood and Cypress Intense EDT, yes. Long lasting.

Citron Intense or other scents, no. Great scents but undetectable on the skin after 2 hours.

Sandalwood body wash, definitely yes.

All the creams have great scent and moisturize the skin wonderfully. Lather very well, yes.

Well PG took the time to tell me on national television that it hates me so......Bye!

They were suggesting men in general should stop acting like jerks and start treating women with more respect just as any gentleman should. I was actually raised that way back in the dim and distant '60's. There's a problem with that now?

One day I was in an AoS store and some guy in his 30's was very vocal about that Merkur 34c being $40 online and not paying the $67 they were asking and being generally obnoxious. That's when I was real glad I was a member of the B&B where I learned I could get an all stainless and very pro machined Razorock Game Changer for $60 shipped to my house. And where I also learned about my lovely Tabac shave soap and wide variety of brushes.

I have no good memories of AoS since I never bought a product there.

If the B&B were to ever close down however, I would be distraught for quite some time.

They were suggesting men in general should stop acting like jerks and start treating women with more respect just as any gentleman should. I was actually raised that way back in the dim and distant '60's. There's a problem with that now?
Father's use to discipline their sons and were taught to treat women with respect. Since the breakdown of the family unit with the man at the helm. Single mothers and feminist teachers at public schools don't know how to discipline boy's. Hence you need a private corporation to tell you how to behave LOL.

Father's use to discipline their sons and were taught to treat women with respect. Since the breakdown of the family unit with the man at the helm. Single mothers and feminist teachers at public schools don't know how to discipline boy's. Hence you need a private corporation to tell you how to behave LOL.
I’m not sure how you came up with this convoluted comment from Beachmans statement. I looks as if you just wanted to punk in words on this thread.

Whether or not some of us agree or disagree with last years ad campaign, it appears that it did not help with sales.

Thinking as a consumer, I remember getting some NOS razors within the last few years and trying the old Gillette Platinum Plus blades. I still have some left over for my boys. I did count my shaves and estimated I got about 17 or more quality shaves from each blade. Nothing comes close for me now. The best I can get now is about 13 quality shaves from Lab Blues. I love my Lab Blues but they aren’t nearly as smooth as those old Platinum Plus blades.

Again, as a consumer I think I would be willing to pay more for that quality in a brick and mortar store. If they were to produce that quality again, I think I would grab them at the supermarket or wherever. With their resources, they could repeat or beat that performance with new materials and tech.

Sorry to hijack the OP’s thread. I do think many products sold by AOS are very good quality. Snatch them up while you can at these lower prices elsewhere. I discovered their peppermint cream recently and it smells so good, I almost want to taste the stuff. I’ve been seeing those and others at the discount chains all over. The Sandalwood and Cypress Intense EDT I mentioned previously is very close to being my top all time favorite scent. That scent is still strong after an entire work day.

How
Whether or not some of us agree or disagree with last years ad campaign, it appears that it did not help with sales.

Thinking as a consumer, I remember getting some NOS razors within the last few years and trying the old Gillette Platinum Plus blades. I still have some left over for my boys. I did count my shaves and estimated I got about 17 or more quality shaves from each blade. Nothing comes close for me now. The best I can get now is about 13 quality shaves from Lab Blues. I love my Lab Blues but they aren’t nearly as smooth as those old Platinum Plus blades.

Again, as a consumer I think I would be willing to pay more for that quality in a brick and mortar store. If they were to produce that quality again, I think I would grab them at the supermarket or wherever. With their resources, they could repeat or beat that performance with new materials and tech.

Sorry to hijack the OP’s thread. I do think many products sold by AOS are very good quality. Snatch them up while you can at these lower prices elsewhere. I discovered their peppermint cream recently and it smells so good, I almost want to taste the stuff. I’ve been seeing those and others at the discount chains all over. The Sandalwood and Cypress Intense EDT I mentioned previously is very close to being my top all time favorite scent. That scent is still strong after an entire work day.
How does AOS peppermint cream perform compared to TOBS peppermint cream? I get the same sensation from TOBS I want to eat the lather.

How
How does AOS peppermint cream perform compared to TOBS peppermint cream? I get the same sensation from TOBS I want to eat the lather.

One of my all time favorites is TOBS Sandalwood cream. Unfortunately, I haven’t tried their peppermint yet. I judge my creams by slickness and post shave feel.

In my personal view, and this is just through very recent use of AOS creams for the first time, my skin feels softer after the shave compared to the TOBS Sandalwood. The TOBS is still my all time favorite though because of that scent. I love the Sandalwood TOBS cologne also, just wish it lasted longer on my skin.

If I took away scent as a variable, my best performing cream would be Body Shop Maca Root. Great stuff, but smells like nothing really. Scent is part of the experience for me. Same with Proraso Blue cream, but for the opposite reason. Great stuff also, but has a strong scent, not a bad scent, although it is not a favorite.

One of my all time favorites is TOBS Sandalwood cream. Unfortunately, I haven’t tried their peppermint yet. I judge my creams by slickness and post shave feel.

In my personal view, and this is just through very recent use of AOS creams for the first time, my skin feels softer after the shave compared to the TOBS Sandalwood. The TOBS is still my all time favorite though because of that scent. I love the Sandalwood TOBS cologne also, just wish it lasted longer on my skin.

If I took away scent as a variable, my best performing cream would be Body Shop Maca Root. Great stuff, but smells like nothing really. Scent is part of the experience for me. Same with Proraso Blue cream, but for the opposite reason. Great stuff also, but has a strong scent, not a bad scent, although it is not a favorite.
I might check out a AOS shop there is one about 15 miles from me. From what I've read on this forum some guys say there stuff is good on performance and scent but not the high price point. I've also read that some people think it does justify that price point because it requires very little product to lather up so hence 5 oz comes out to be alot. There is only one way to find out, try it for yourself. Hopefully the one near me is going out of business so I can get a great deal. Thx for the tip on the maca root cream in going to look that up. I sometimes enjoy creams for the ease of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom